What a nonsense..... I was testing Tutorial Draft from Type of Article, and clicked on Cancel to see what? My testwriting added to.....moderation queue..... nice ;)

Next thing - cannot see who voted on post/article...... I got -1 for my prev input (maybe thats correct name for that) and Ive no idea who gave it.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Check the feedback forum, there are more threads on the subject of anonymous voting and why it is the way it is.

@Wojciech I think you have two options:

• You can create Wojciechweb and program your own forum application the way it should be done,
  • OR you can convince Dani to hire you as a web programmer!

I dont want to be hired as Im self employed and Im perfectly fine with it.
What is feedback forum for? If not for poting what is not right and what should be done better?

Its just that if I were in Dani's shoes, I'd stick with one thing and make it as bugless as possible, rather than getting burned out and moving to another thing.

Yes, editorial articles like tutorials get added to a moderation queue. That is why, when you submit them, you are only submitting a DRAFT.

You can make unlimited edits to the draft through our article workshop:

https://www.daniweb.com/editorial/view

Next thing - cannot see who voted on post/article...... I got -1 for my prev input (maybe thats correct name for that) and Ive no idea who gave it.

Just clicking the up/down arrow to vote is anonymous. Anonymous votes affect your post quality score but do NOT affect your reputation.

Hovering over the up/down arrows and entering a comment makes your vote with comment not anonymous. Your reputation may be affected.

You seem not to get the point Dani - why not make who voted visible (but only to post author)?

You seem not to get the point Dani

The point is not lost. I understand exactly what you want, and I'm sure Dani does as well.

why not make who voted visible (but only to post author)?

Let's attack this from another direction. Why do you need to know this information? What would you use it for?

Id use it for my knowledge, as I like to know this kind of thing/s....

The point of the voting is to let you know what people think of your post. If you keep getting down-votes then that should tell you something useful regardless of whether or not you know the users who down-voted. The only reason to might want to know who down-voted you is so that you can down-vote them in return. Not that you would, but we have seen cases where a POed user went nuts and combed through the posts to down-vote another user (who did not deserve it) en masse.

commented: Exactly +0
Member Avatar for diafol

What he said^^ (RJ). Info for info's sake is pointless. Unless there's a sound reason behind it, I can't see the point. "I'd like to know these things" is not a sound argument for a business imperative. I've noticed that you are slowly but surely trawling through every nook and cranny of Daniweb and supplying your criticisms - which is fine - as you note - this is the purpose of the feedback forum - but please pick your points wisely. Could I also suggest that starting a thread with..

What a nonsense.....

Is a little rude. It's not that we're such sensitive souls here on DW, but there are ways of communicating issues and I would suggest that that is not an appropriate one.

For me - its not rude; its just expressing what one thinks.....

Member Avatar for diafol

Good. But a number of us here do think it's rude, so cut it out.

For me - its not rude; its just expressing what one thinks.....

1. That does not appear to be the case.
  2. You are a God Damned liar.

Both of these statements express essentially the same opinion. One is rude and one is not. It is possible to express an opinion without being antagonistic. Please learn the difference. Also, not all thoughts need to be expressed. I'm having one right now.

commented: lol +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.