Contributors
Replies
Views
2 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by pritaeas
Featured Replies

As usual.... I don't like it. I thought I had accidentally actived the browser's zoom. I have a high resolution so I can see more on a screen, not less. Read More

Dani 1,638   2 Years Ago

> I really hope this is an experiment and not the final design. Every change I make is always an experiment. I evaluate feedback and study analytics to see if usability changes/improves. And then go from there. Read More

Yes, both the site width and font size have increased for people with large screen resolutions. I noticed this has been a growing trend on a lot of content-based sites recently, especially with the invention of the 4K monitor.

I have to reduce the window to the last breakpoint to make it comfortable on my 17.5" screen (about 2/3 size). The post column's just too big for me.

I noticed this too on my 27" monitor!

It looks fine, I'm just so used to seeing it how it was before that it just takes some getting used to.

As usual.... I don't like it. I thought I had accidentally actived the browser's zoom. I have a high resolution so I can see more on a screen, not less.

Edited by pritaeas

i'm gone for two weeks and the site changes. lol. been very busy working which is very good and out of my normal routine.

I have a high resolution so I can see more on a screen, not less.

You definitely can see more of the screen, not less??

I'm finding the wide columns very difficult. Maybe I'm holding the minority view here - maybe even a minority of one! WHen reading an e-book in landscape, it creates a 2 page view to make reading easier. Newspapers typically have narrow columns to aid readability. I know narrow columns are difficult if you want to display code (usually set to 80 chars / line on most editors I've used), but wide columns are a pain. Zooming doesn't help as that makes the text ridiculously big. The only 'cure' for me is to cut the window width down to the last breakpoint. I really hope this is an experiment and not the final design. Sorry if that sounds negative.

I really hope this is an experiment and not the final design.

Every change I make is always an experiment. I evaluate feedback and study analytics to see if usability changes/improves. And then go from there.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.