I noticed in the bottom left side of this site, it shows a little avatar. It has my username, and 100% feedback. Additionally, it shows the original avatar I had when I created my account. Soon after I joined the site though, I updated my avatar. Will that litle image at the bottom of the site ever be updated to show my avatar (is it dynamically generated)? Or is that an incomplete feature, in other words, is that just the way it is.

Second question, which I only have after typing above. I am using firefox right now, which has built in spell checking in text areas. I've written 5 spell checkers in 2 different languages, I am fluent in 18 computer langauges, but I can't spell in English to save my life. Out of curriousity, why is it disabled in this, where I am typing right now?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Will that litle image at the bottom of the site ever be updated to show my avatar

Yes, it will be updated.

Out of curriousity, why is it disabled in this, where I am typing right now?

The editor that we use is not a standard HTML textarea, and therefore you cannot use your browser's spellchecker. You can click the little green checkmark in the editor toolbar to see a preview of your post and run a spellchecker through it.

Thanks, I knew the checkmark was there, just currious why built in spellchecking was also disabled. On most sites that I've seen spell checkers added to, they don't disable the broswer's checker too.

By the way, I like that you now show the thread previews on the thread summary page instead of just in a pop-up. Perhaps this will encourage more members to start their threads with something a little more informative than what we've been seeing. Then again, we're still seeing "HELP ME" titles so perhaps not.

Thanks Jim!

PyTis, we don't purposefully disable the browser's checker. We just use an editor that doesn't allow us the option in the first place. Browser spellchecking is only available in HTML <textarea>, which we don't use.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.