I tried many times to login using my gmail, my yahoo email, did resets, cleared cookies, even from a Linux box that I had never been to Daniweb before and can't get in.

It seems there should be a document how to get back in. Is this a Menza test, or a not so subtle push to use a social media login?

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

I had the same login run,and did manage to create this user.
Have no idea how to get contol over my old account,
so just have to wait.

Is this a Menza test, or a not so subtle push to use a social media login?

It is. ;)

That being said ... for those who wish to use traditional email/password login ... Sorry, I imported emails into Dazah but I didn't import passwords. You will need to do a lost password recovery as of right now.

This failed for my 2 email accounts and believe me I tried it many times just a few hours ago.

Thanks for clarifying the Menza entry requirement. I knew there are boards that have strict entry requirements and will have to see if I can get a brain augmentation soon.

If it's a push to use the social media login, well, I guess I can try that too but have yet to use that anywhere yet. That would be a first.

-> If it is a password reset, already did that. Hence my request for a step by step to see if I missed a step.

If it's a push to use the social media login, well, I guess I can try that too but have yet to use that anywhere yet. That would be a first.

It's a push in that it's preferred, but it shouldn't be the only way. What happens when you try to do a password reset?

I'll try this again since this is via a tossaway email so the reset sends me a link, I use that but remember the page you crafted is unclear to most folk. You put in the new password and I'm guessing to click the update button. As that's the only button sure. But this is really different from other resets.

Now nothing happens at the point so I guessed to go to daniweb.com and click on the login. Nothing happens. So another guess to try the join button. Aha, I'm at the dazah page and there is a continue as "me" button. OK, back to daniweb and I'm still not logged in. OK, click the login and nothing happens.

I read you made some recent changes so I'm going to go through all this one more time and if it fails I can't post from this account I made up with a ten minute email account.

OK, tried it again. Password reset, used my usual login, submitted it, continue as and back to Daniweb and the top read "DANIWEB, Join, Login" and not logged in so click Login and no change.

OK, to post I click on Join, Switch user and I'm back in my tossaawy email login.

If there is a secret to this I've failed the Menza requirement.

Well, I cleared my history on FF and than went to log in here @ DANIWEB and couldn't but was asked if I wanted to try another way and logged into Dazah with my Gmail account and here I am .

Hope this helps

And yes, cleared cookies and cache too.

Aha, I'm at the dazah page and there is a continue as "me" button. OK, back to daniweb and I'm still not logged in. OK, click the login and nothing happens.

I've been making a lot of changes every minute, but unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem everyone seems to be having that once they click "Continue as Me" it doesn't immediately log them in.

I have no idea what's causing that problem.

Can someone please email me their username + password that they are attempting to use to log in so I can see if I can reproduce the error on my end and fix it.

rproffitt sent me his credentials and it took less than 2 minutes to figure out what the problem was! Whew!! Sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy everyone.

Hooray! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.