While I can't pretend to know what happened to block me from Daniweb, imagine less imaginitive souls.

Maybe an article is required about what to do with post or login troubles?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

There already are multiple posts about login issues. Once I have everything working, I'm going to send a mass email explaining the situation.

Today the Activity Stream seemed to be awfully sparse. Maybe you have a finger on the pulse but if I was having difficulty, I wonder if others that can't post are just silent.

Rather than a mass email (which can easily get lost due to folks not correctly configuring their mail account with old Daniweb), I believe there should be a sticky post/blog post accessible from the login page before someone has logged in. I'm surprised you haven't got a active blog given the kind of publicity you are aiming for? Maybe a blog explaining all the shiny new things you are planning for Dazzah?

I believe there should be a sticky post/blog post accessible from the login page before someone has logged in.

There's a big red notice on the login page that says to click here to migrate your old DaniWeb credentials. Not good enough, eh? ;)

I'm surprised you haven't got a active blog given the kind of publicity you are aiming for?

Things are changing very, very incrementally, and the majority of it is meant to be completely transparent to the end user. You can always follow my twitter account though ;) And Area 51 is meant to serve as a blog of sorts for what's new around here.

And Area 51 is meant to serve as a blog of sorts for what's new around here.

How does one get to Area 51? I somehow got there by accident, but damn if I remember how and I see no way to navigate there. The name itself seems to imply it's SUPPOSED to be hard to get to.

@ AssertNull , Along the top header on the right side , next to the search bar there is a blue box. Click on it and under Community Center , you will see Area 51

Ah, I was looking at the sidebar. Thanks.

There's a big red notice on the login page that says to click here to migrate your old DaniWeb credentials. Not good enough, eh? ;)

The only red I see on the login page is the large google g+ button.

clip-0001.jpg

@Jim: That's the login page you see if you want to login directly into Dazah. If you click login from DaniWeb, then you see the red text.

@Dani: I wanted to post an attachment but failed with:

Files will automatically be attached to the post upon upload. Optionally, you can embed uploaded images within your post. Maximum file size is 1MB and maximum dimensions for images are 1600x1200.

nginx error!
The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I tried an image 1192x855 as png (76kb) and jpg (118kb), both failed with the same message.

Jim, that's on Dazah's login page, to log into your Dazah control panel. I am talking about the page you reach when you click Join / Login from the navigation menu on DaniWeb.

Ah! I haven't been to the daniweb login page for some time (I just stay logged in). The last time I logged in I was taken directly to the dazah login page. That was when we had all the password reset problems.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.