The code portion of one of my snippets does not always show.

http://www.daniweb.com/code/snippet451.html

It's there when I check with edit. I resubmit and it's there for the moment only.

Need help!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Do you know PHP? There is something wrong with my post cache, obviously. For whatever reason, your post includes a character or sequence of characters that breaks the PHP code I have which escapes your code and puts it into an external file. I will take a quick look, but I most likely won't be able to do anything until I get my computer in a couple of days. If I can't figure out the problem, I'll just disable the post cache until then.

Unfortunately I couldn't figure out why it can't read your snippet from the post cache, so I just created a workaround where if a cache of a code snippet does exist, and does contain the snippet, but it isn't readable for some reason, don't use it and just reparse the code snippet. I'll take a closer look at it in a couple of days.

For now it seems to work, thanks.

The offending line might be

root = 'D:\\Zz1\\Cartoons\\'

if backslashes are escapes in PHP. Sorry, I don't know the language.

Yes, backslashes are escapes in PHP.

Member Avatar for iamthwee
root = 'D:\\Zz1\\Cartoons\\'

I have no idea if this will work but couldn't you replace the \\ with one / .

That's what I do when specifying the path in c/c++/java programs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.