It would be nice to be able to preview a new blog entry or code snippet. As much as I try to get it right the first time, I'm always missing something. I've continually re-edited code snippets, but I'm only just starting to mess with the blogs. And there I would surely like to be able to see exactly how it would look before firing it off.

For the moment I could fake it by doing a new post or reply to the forum and using that as a test driver -- and then take the final result over to the blog. But that seems like work.

[edit]And where's that menu for for snippets and blogs? Hmm? *tap* *tap* *tap* :cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

As you know, I haven't had a computer for two months, so I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Unfortunately, I do have a rather long ToDo list right now before looking into anything else.

Before I can create the dropdown menus, I need to figure out what is wrong with my menu that I can't get it to display on top. Everytime I try to put dropdowns in the right area of the navigation menu, the dropdowns hide behind the search fields.

As for blog and post previews ... that is currently way at the end of the list right now, I'm afraid.

As you know, I haven't had a computer for two months, so I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Unfortunately, I do have a rather long ToDo list right now before looking into anything else.

Before I can create the dropdown menus, I need to figure out what is wrong with my menu that I can't get it to display on top. Everytime I try to put dropdowns in the right area of the navigation menu, the dropdowns hide behind the search fields.

As for blog and post previews ... that is currently way at the end of the list right now, I'm afraid.

M'kay. I didn't know what was on "the list". Perhaps a sticky of the list in this forum? [Okay, now I'm just prodding. Bad Dave!]

The list is rather long, and will get accomplished rather slowly, I'm afraid. Two months without a computer can do that to a gal ...

Nevertheless, the following three things are on the short term list.

#1 => Make it more prominent and promote the ability to donate to DaniWeb in exchange for added extras (ie member subscriptions) This is much needed after my unplanned, prolonged absense.

#2 => Have the forum system send out automated PMs to members when one of their posts is moved or deleted, along with an explanation of why and a link to our forum rules, which should hopefully reduce a lot of the mod's tedious work.

#3 => Upgrade to vBulletin 3.6

I am hoping that #1 and #2 will be completed by the end of this weekend. I will then continue work on #3, and will hopefully launch by mid-September. All future changes and features will then be implemented in the new version.

Oh I'm just awesome! Another week to go in August and all of the things on my to do list have been accomplished.

commented: Deflating a Swelled head +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.