I am posting this to note any bugs/issues noticed with the upgrade.

Lemme start: Is the LOGOUT intentionally on a separate line?

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

Mine isn't like that...

Ahh! I know what caused that ... :) Will fix.

Fixed.

I thought C and C++ used to have "Featured Tutorials" on its main page?

[edit]Hmm. Tutorials seem to be inaccessible via the top menu.

So ..... with that said, let's open this thread up to other bugs. I know there are others out there - this was way too big of an upgrade for there not to be.

I thought C and C++ used to have "Featured Tutorials" on its main page?

[edit]Hmm. Tutorials seem to be inaccessible via the top menu.

Check that. Tutorials seem to be inaccessible.

User Input: Strings and Numbers [C]

Database Error Database error
The DaniWeb IT Discussion Community database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the www.daniweb.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.daniweb.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Fixed so that tutorials are accessible. However ...

I AM AWARE THAT CMS FEATURES ARE LIMITED ... NO ONE CAN POST BLOGS, CODE SNIPPETS, ETC

WORKING ON THIS ASAP!!

Coffee House drop down menu disappears behind the search panel in IE7but is OK in Fifrefox.

Thanks Davey :) I'm actually having huge problems w/ the dropdown menu experiencing different behaviors in each browser. I'm not going to worry about IE7 yet because it's still in beta, so there is no way to know whether I'm a dog chasing my tail trying to fix something that is really just an IE bug that will be fixed in the gold version.

BBCODES don't seem to be rendering. Rather, not all of them are rending, in particular I notice the HTML, COLOR, and URL tags don't seem to be working.

But they work for me. And they seem to be working for other people?

I am not other people. I am the center of the universe as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, they seem to render fine in this thread. Let me poke around a bit more.

Looks OK so far :)

I am not other people. I am the center of the universe as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, they seem to render fine in this thread. Let me poke around a bit more.

So did you poke around?

Yep, it looks find now. Thanks!

Um, ok. *whispers behind tgreer's back that I didn't change anything*

I don't know if this is an upgrade bug or not, but I just noticed I can see "Area 51." I can't access it, but I can see it.

Oh and Tgreer, the Earth revolves around me. I can proof it. The Earth revolves around the sun, and I have no brothers. Therefore, I am the son and the Earth revolves around me. ;-)

Area 51 is the hidden forum only accessible to DaniWeb sponsors (you can purchase a sponsorship for just a few bucks a month). I have made the forum visible, but not accessible, to act as a teaser, to hopefully get some new member sponsorships.

More menu oddities, this time in Firefox:

The Mod or Admin menu, whichever happens to be last on the right at the time, disappears under the search panel as well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.