How much extra work is it for ya to make "printer-friendly" versions of blogs and snippets?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The blogs would be easy. The code snippets I would need to think about because a printer friendly version would need to manually add hard line breaks into the code, wouldn't it?

Was also toying with the idea of adding tags and tag clouds to the code snippet library tonight. Is it necessary since code already has descriptions?

The code snippets I would need to think about because a printer friendly version would need to manually add hard line breaks into the code, wouldn't it?

How is it done for "regular" posts containing code? [Rhetorical question, I have no idea.]

Was also toying with the idea of adding tags and tag clouds to the code snippet library tonight. Is it necessary since code already has descriptions?

I always thought it would be nice to have snippets much like tutorials or regular posts. When in doubt, I just use what I can get away with.

Inline explanations along with a finished code might be nice, but I'm sure they'd allow "slacker" approaches that could be problemsome.

Sorry, but what do you mean by a "Printer Friendly" version? I thought all modern day printers could print anything? Surely, if you meant just black and white, could'nt you just remove the colour cartridge from your printer? That's what I do in my HP Printers.

Ok, fair enough! I guess this does wast pointless ammounts of ink and paper!! Thank you!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.