sure would be nice to have a delete button so that I can delete my own post but nobody else's. I find it annoying that I cannot delete my post when I see that it duplicates someone else's or that I posted misinformation. Just simply editing the post and deleting all the text is not very pretty.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

I agree but then should that button to dissapear after some time like the edit button. Otherwise can someone really mess up an thread.

Become a Mod Dragon. I delete my posts all the time because they are wrong.

sure would be nice to have a delete button so that I can delete my own post but nobody else's. I find it annoying that I cannot delete my post when I see that it duplicates someone else's or that I posted misinformation. Just simply editing the post and deleting all the text is not very pretty.

HIi,

Can you help me? I posted a question in the tech lounge because I could not find where to post it and was seeking help posting it. I got someone answering me rudely so I just want to delete my question or remove the words edit as you say, and be done with it. I hope other people are more friendly and tolerant or I will probably find some other tech place.

Thanks

HIi,

I got someone answering me rudely so I just want to delete my question or remove the words edit as you say, and be done with it.

Well that's not completely true. Joey is pointing out that you should have read the rules before posting, which is pretty good advice. If you post according to the rules more people will bother to read your thread and try and help you.

Now for your question: You just go to back your post (in the lounge) and click the 'Flag bad Post' link. It will ask you for a reason and you could enter something like: "please move this thread to the right forum and snip my adress" and a mod will come along and do it for you.

Regards Niek

Well that's not completely true. Joey is pointing out that you should have read the rules before posting, which is pretty good advice. If you post according to the rules more people will bother to read your thread and try and help you.

Now for your question: You just go to back your post (in the lounge) and click the 'Flag bad Post' link. It will ask you for a reason and you could enter something like: "please move this thread to the right forum and snip my adress" and a mod will come along and do it for you.

Regards Niek

Thanks for your polite reply. I was in urgent status when I posted didn't take time to read the site, or see the rules first. I will be sure to do that soon however. I still did not care for the tone of the other posters response, I am more tolerant of newbies.

But thanks for your take and help on how to move it.

GLAD

Become a Mod Dragon. I delete my posts all the time because they are wrong.

He is staff isnt he?

Joey is pointing out

Grr... not you, too! ;)

Yep, if you ever need to delete one of your own bad posts or get it edited for some reason, using the "Flag bad post" is the quickest way to contact the moderators. Although I don't have personal experience with this, I've heard mods see it a lot faster when you report it this way.

He is staff isnt he?

From what I can tell, he wasn't when he wrote that.

Grr... not you, too! ;)

:mrgreen:

Yep, if you ever need to delete one of your own bad posts or get it edited for some reason, using the "Flag bad post" is the quickest way to contact the moderators. Although I don't have personal experience with this, I've heard mods see it a lot faster when you report it this way.

Correct...A thread or post quickly catches our attention if it is marked as bad post since one of the primary duties of the Moderator is to handle all the reported posts of his concerned forums.

Grr... not you, too! ;)

Should I be referring to you as Mr. Joeprogrammer then? :mrgreen:

Niek

Grr.. revamped. ;)

Grr.. revamped. ;)

You guys seem to know how to annoy me like no one else can... :cheesy:

Is that a bad thing?

No I guess its a pretty good thing...

Congratulations you have got two really good friends on your side. And btw, ofcourse me and Niek will continue this ...:D

PS: Btw whats the story behind your new avatar..

commented: Yes, we will indead :) +1

No I guess its a pretty good thing...

Congratulations you have got two really good friends on your side. And btw, ofcourse me and Niek will continue this ...:D

I guess I'll just have to put up, then... :cheesy:

PS: Btw whats the story behind your new avatar..

You haven't guessed yet? That's my new puppy! I'm thinking of creating a blog for him, but here's a couple of photos:
http://flickr.com/photos/magnolias/354316917/
http://flickr.com/photos/magnolias/354316915/

Oh and sorry for dragging this so off-topic, but I guess there's no better use for this thread anyway... :twisted:

I guess I'll just have to put up, then...

*nods* :mrgreen:

That's my new puppy!

Congratulations on that one..and btw, I didn't know that you were too cool to be schooled...:D

Oh and sorry for dragging this so off-topic, but I guess there's no better use for this thread anyway... :twisted:

Amen to that...;)

PS: Your photo collection is really good esp the Full Moon and The Beach. I'll just let Mr. Jwenting know there is one more budding photographer in our community and oh don't forget to join the photography forum of whose he is a member....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.