Just an whine really, when I hover my mouse over the menu bar, does the dropdown menu under search disappear. Noticed this today, I don't know wether it was that way before :P.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I get the same behavior.

It's related to an IE bug where the drop down menu would go behind the search dropdown. The only way to fix it was to make it hide itself. (Yes, I know you guys are using FireFox)

I am an noob to javascript, but isn't it easily do-able to make something like:

if(browser == Internet_explorer)
{
    //hide code
}

I'm no javascript expert, actually never programmed anything more then an simple clock :P. Or you might want to not include the javascript that hides the button with PHP (offcourse only if it doesn't affect loading times and server load)

I know I'm just whining :P

That's the way it was up until now. However, the W3C wasn't validating DaniWeb's XHTML code, and it was bothering me :) So I figured since there's no functionality lost (it's impossible to use the search feature while navigating the dropdown menus) I might as well be consistant for the sake of usability.

Agreed. No big deal.

If I validate this page (here) I still get 3 error's. That might to be because of validator limitations, but still. I didn't sacrificied my search bar dropdown menu for nothing :P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.