Hey there people in Internet land! The new version of phpBB (the forum software this board is based off of) was released the other day. Since I have so many hacks and mods set up here, though, it was a real pain in the neck to upgrade, but I finally did it tonite (line by line by hand!)

Let me know if you notice anything broken, down to the finest detail. Thanks guys, you've all been great.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

So far so good. I'll let you know if I find anything fruity.

All I noticed is that I was logged out (I'm normally automatically logged in), but everything seems to work now. :)

I also noticed that I was an administrator before... perhaps u could fix that for me... :twisted:

:P

you serious? like ... you had ADMIN PERMISSIONS to edit/delete/moderate posts, etc? Or were you just able to see the Admin Panel link? What if you tried clicking on it? Were you able to do anything?

you serious? like ... you had ADMIN PERMISSIONS to edit/delete/moderate posts, etc? Or were you just able to see the Admin Panel link? What if you tried clicking on it? Were you able to do anything?

*looks at cscgal getting worked up* I can't believe you fell for that! :P :D

That's because it's happened to me before... seriously.

:D awwww... but still, haha! :P

Just do me a fav and let me know if you see the Administrator Link at the bottom of the page. I've noticed that with certain forum upgrades, regular users can see it for some reason.

Just do me a fav and let me know if you see the Administrator Link at the bottom of the page. I've noticed that with certain forum upgrades, regular users can see it for some reason.

Is that before, or after we mess everything up? :twisted:

:P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.