Hi,

Since ~S.0.S.~ beat me to asking about referrals I figured I'd ask about my next-most pressing issue regarding DaniWeb: I just noticed the sidebar section entitled "Syndication", and I'm wondering what that refers to?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

definition of syndication: The process by which a web site is able to share information, such as articles, with other web sites.

You can syndicate DaniWeb information by posting your member badge on your website, using our RSS feeds through a newsreader, or posting teasers to our articles on your website.

I think this is a really good idea but the only thing is for the people who are using it as the avatar it is not showing the most recent version. Could anyone explain why that is?

Because avatars are static images that get uploaded to an avatars directory where they're hosted. In order for the certificate to remain up to date, it must be hotlinked.

Which is why it's probably a better idea to put the badge in your signature, where you can hotlink images.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.