I added a page border around all of the contents. I was wondering what people thought? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

I was wondering if that was new or whether I had just never noticed it... Thanks, it looks great! It almost gives this website a more blog-like look to it, which is good.

Congratulations on the nice design.

Thank you :) The idea of adding the page border was actually to focus the eye to the content instead of having it wander all over the browser window, especially at high resolutions.

better

Cool. And I think you're right - it does look more bloggy.

Cool. And I think you're right - it does look more bloggy.

Hmm... maybe i should start taking Web design classes from Miss Dani, i hope you wont charge your moderator buddy, would you? :D

That will be half a million dollars, please.

*egad*
Yes or no would have sufficed the purpose, you dont need to give me an heart attack you know, after all i am your "Mod friend" hehe.

*sigh* Ah this sure is a sad little world *sigh*

Actually, the border reminds me of the K2 theme available for Wordpress.

By the way, Dani, did you design this theme all by yourself, or did someone else help, too?

Initially I worked with a designer to form an early mockup in Photoshop for a couple of the key pages. I then took it from there myself.

And well worth the effort methinks.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

The page border is unnoticeable at 800x600 resolution. =)

The page border is unnoticeable at 800x600 resolution. =)

Or if you narrow the browser window enough. But, it doesn't really matter, because as Dani said, the page border was more meant for people reading DaniWeb at high resolutions.

DaniWeb was designed for people using at least 1024x768 resolution but to at least be usable at 800x600. For example, the sidebar was added to the right as opposed to the left so that it is the only thing that is cut off at 800x600 and no horizontal scrolling is needed to read page content.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.