I am trying to post a Python code snippet and get this:

vegaseat, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Has the code snippet section become an exclusive thingy? Maybe I have posted too many! Let me know and I will post somewhere else!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

The same is happening with me. Even i cant seem to find the "Contribute a snippet" button anywhere on my screen. Some PHP script error or what ?

Ahh! Looking into it right now ...

Fixed - sorry about that. Things got a little screwy and permissions got reset to no for blogging and posting code snippets! All fixed, and when I get home from work tonight I will investigate why the permissions reset themselves to begin with.

Fixed - sorry about that. Things got a little screwy and permissions got reset to no for blogging and posting code snippets! All fixed, and when I get home from work tonight I will investigate why the permissions reset themselves to begin with.

Thanks, oh Queen of DaniWeb!

Did you see - I added a "print code snippets" link :)

I made some changes to the way that the permissions are handled for posting blog entries or code snippets. Can you guys PLEASE let me know ASAP if you get a permissions error anytime you don't expect to.

Thanks!

I can do everything and see everything, atleast in the code snippets section.

Thanks, oh Queen of DaniWeb!

So what about adding that python code snippet :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.