Hey I was wondering why isnt there a notification by PM policy whenever someone comments or whenever your code snippet is modified.

This way it would be easier for me to fix bugs if someone comments on my code saying it doesnt work for so and so condition.

Also it will keep the OP of the snippet well aware of what kind of comments his code snippet is getting and make him post more snippets if his code is getting good feedback.

In all I really feel a need for this thing since I recently saw that one of my code snippet has 4 comments and I didnt even know about it.

Your thoughts ?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Oh poo! I was just about to go play The Sims. Do I have to spend today coding a notification via PM script for the code snippets? :) Maybe tomorrow, k?

You do know, btw, that you can easily see all code snippets you've written: http://www.daniweb.com/code/coder85533.html
And you can sort all of your code snippets by the number of comments they have, etc. While I'm at it, I'll add a "recently commented on" sort by link.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Oh poo! I was just about to go play The Sims.

Don't forget you was also planning to paint your toenails and watch the DVD boxset of starTrek as well.

Oh poo! I was just about to go play The Sims. Do I have to spend today coding a notification via PM script for the code snippets? :) Maybe tomorrow, k?

You do know, btw, that you can easily see all code snippets you've written: http://www.daniweb.com/code/coder85533.html
And you can sort all of your code snippets by the number of comments they have, etc. While I'm at it, I'll add a "recently commented on" sort by link.

Yeah I know all that but still a notification by PM is what I actuallly think would be really nice for me.

PS: Come on there are better games out there:mrgreen: . Why not try the "Painkilller" :twisted:

Maybe tomorrow, k?

Hmmmmm................

Oh poo! I was just about to go play The Sims.

God knows how many hours I've spent on that.....

God knows how many hours I've spent on that.....

BTW what is so good about this game. I haven't even seen it but heard that it really is famous game.
Why do people love it so much ?

To tell you the truth, I HAVE NO IDEA.
There is no story, no puzzles, no plots, no goals...it is boring. [no dani mode]I don't even like that game.[/no dani mode]

All I can say is that when I first started to play it, I was hooked.
It is very addictive and calming.

*ahem* As I said, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the game. *gets back to F.E.A.R.*

P.S.
Really, I enjoy it, first one. I've never tried the sequel. Sim city too (from Commodore 64 version to Sim City 3000).

Although I am contributing to an off-topic here...

I read somewhere that females like Sims because it is about relationship building which they are usually good at (although they tend to break those relationships once in a while :P). Sims is more like the digital dollhouse for them.

Men well we like chaos. :D

Me? I like Age of Empires.

Maybe tomorrow, k?

Ahem.. I hope you have not forgotten this promise Miss Dani ?

I know, I know - it's been a crazy busy day. *sigh*

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.