I dont know but I get all sort of issues which no one has experienced while browsing Daniweb.

Here is a new one which I am attaching right now. It occurs sometimes not frequently, but nonetheless thought would let you know.

Hope you can find what is causing such things.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Xpenetrator

What you're seeing is the alt text for what should be little icons, which for some reason didn't download / aren't showing.

Wish it were that intelligent to answer that kind of question.....
Anyways will have to find a quick hack on my own.

Sometimes, I get huge font words, mixed with normal sized words when browsing forums, but soon as I hit "refresh" button all gets back to normal. I think it is a communication glitch between me and ISP. No big deal.

Edit: quite often I see little icon in my status bar saying "done, but with errors."

Edit: quite often I see little icon in my status bar saying "done, but with errors."

Yes, those are javascript errors. Double click on that icon and a window will pop up showing what errors are on that page regardign javascript syntax and all that. If you know Javascript , you would be able to understand most of what it is saying.

...If you know Javascript , you would be able to understand most of what it is saying.

I think I was sick that day, when they gave lessons of java in school.

Java != Javascript

Java -- created by Sun Microsystems
Javascript -- created from EcmaScript and in no way related to Sun.

I'm not sure what huge font words you're talking about.

Code In Vb Easily
Code In Vb like a pro! Make your own software. Free trial.
www.runrev.com
30 C++/MFC GUI Samples
Creating newest UI with Prof-UIS! Source code, Freeware, and more
www.prof-uis.com
Dial Up Modem
Find Valuable Information About Dial Up Modem Here
Modem.info4computers.net
.NET statistical library
C# probability distributions Evaluation version available
www.centerspace.net
Visual Basic Source Code
Your Online Resource For Visual Basic Source Code
VisualBasicTraining.SearchWisp.com

looked like:

@sos: I don't know much about this but I remember having seen some common reasons for that are 1.) max number of connections (browser) 2.) max number of connections (TCPIP.SYS) (is yours patched?) or 3.) wrong MTU and I just saw 4.) broken user CSS (whatever that means)

Java != Javascript

Java -- created by Sun Microsystems
Javascript -- created from EcmaScript and in no way related to Sun.

That day too. :lol:

P.S.

I still have allot to learn about just about everything.

@sos: I don't know much about this but I remember having seen some common reasons for that are 1.) max number of connections (browser) 2.) max number of connections (TCPIP.SYS) (is yours patched?) or 3.) wrong MTU and I just saw 4.) broken user CSS (whatever that means)

Hey there friend thanks a lot for your reply, but I dont think I have exceeded max connections of browser( I dont mess with default settings). And this problem is only with Daniweb so thats why I dont think a lot. And my CSS works fine for other sites. Dont know about points 2 and 3 but dont think that is the problem otherwise the effect would have been global. i.e. on all pages. Thanks again.

I still have allot to learn about just about everything.

Our entire life is a learning process so just carry on...:D

PS: Signing off now its 3.30 AM here. Bye .

Hey there friend thanks a lot for your reply, but I dont think I have exceeded max connections of browser( I dont mess with default settings).

That could be the problem - default values may be too low. I don't know the inner mechanism why the defaults works for one and not for the other, but they seem to do so.

Since I have to look into my crystal ball to know if you're even using XP, I assume you do for now:

Dont know about points 2 and 3 but dont think that is the problem otherwise the effect would have been global. i.e. on all pages. Thanks again.

Especially 3.) has exactly this effect - sometimes only 1-3 of all sites you visit suffer from a wrong MTU + RWIN setting. Some people experience sites don't load at all (I believe when MTU negotiation is impossible, happens a lot with i.e. eBay.com) and others just miss some content and reloading helps (Daniweb allows pings). But unfortunately this is not always caused by MTU and I don't know "the other" reason. (Sorry networking pros, I do not really understand what I'm talking of here :o )

2.) means your TCPIP.SYS is limited to max 10 connections, a "security measure" introduced with SP2. Again, I can't really explain why, but patching it to 50 or more helped me with pages that load much content, maybe from more than one source. But this would be more a global problem indeed. (BTW every second hotfix replaces the TCPIP.SYS again with a limited one)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.