I have temporarily set links on the forums to be underlined. They previously weren't. While I still like them better with no underline, aesthetically speaking, I think this makes the forum navigation more intuitive. What do you guys think? I have also posted this in the Web Design forum .... oh no, a double post! Sorry about that guys.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think it is a good idea. Provides consistency.

IMHO. :cool:

Made me wonder what the hell had happened to my system, Dani :D

Good ole Internet Explorer to the rescue! I turned the feature off, and now it looks all neat 'n' clean again.

(I really don't like the look of those lines everywhere. Makes it messy looking in my view.)

I agree the site looks much cleaner and neater without the underlines. But my reason for adding them was for navigational purposes. The navy blue color of the links was hard to differentiate from black text. And many people associate underlining with links. Since we do have lots of newbies here, and people who can easily get overwhelmed and confused by navigation, I thought this would at least give them a bit of familiarity. I decided on the change after showing the homepage to my mom, and her responding: "What do I do now? Where do I go?"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.