Per a request, you can now sort your code snippets by the last time someone commented on them. You'll now be sure not to miss someone commenting on code you've posted.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

That's a good feature, what about doing the same for tutorials? Could the creator not be email notified when someone posts a comment on a script or tutorials?

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I don't think you can comment on a tutorial.

Tutorials are really just regular forum threads with a different skin. Near the bottom of a tutorial click on "Write and View Comments on this Tutorial" and it will take you to the full forum thread version.

Tutorials are really just regular forum threads with a different skin. Near the bottom of a tutorial click on "Write and View Comments on this Tutorial" and it will take you to the full forum thread version.

Woah, I completely missed that. Normally there is a grey button, to click for a reply.

You know what that is dani, mystery meat navigation. :)

http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/mysterymeatnavigation.html

Go into one of the tutorials sections (where you see a listing of all the tutorials). Then look at the two links to the right of the grey button to submit a tutorial.

Go into one of the tutorials sections (where you see a listing of all the tutorials). Then look at the two links to the right of the grey button to submit a tutorial.

It's not that part I missed.

It's the part where you can write and read comments on that particular tutorial.

I.e the little hyperlink you have to click on the diarrhea coloured bar. :)

Well if you noticed, the link I just pointed out is a link to the actual forum / thread view of the tutorials section, so you can see it's just a regular ol' thread :)

Well if you noticed, the link I just pointed out is a link to the actual forum / thread view of the tutorials section, so you can see it's just a regular ol' thread :)

That probably didn't make sense. What I mean is that if you go to the C++ Tutorials page:

http://www.daniweb.com/tutorials/forum21.html

There is a link near the top to view the same tutorials section but in the format of a regular forum:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum21.html

So here you can see the tutorials are just regular forum threads.

Yes I can see that now however, I was complaining about the fact that you don't have the normal grey button, you normally use to post a reply or comment.

Which is why I missed it in the first place.

Both those links you mention are on the pooh coloured bars. Which I skipped over.

Well that's if you click on the little grey arrow button.

Intuitively you would click on the blue hyperlink with the name of the tutorial.

Then when you scroll down to the bottom you only realise you can post a reply if you spot the hyperlink on the pooh coloured bar.

I didn't spot that. It would be better if you had a grey button for that instead I think.

iamthwee makes a very good point. You may aswell just show the comments at the bottom anyway. It would make more sense for you to have the grey buttons there also.

iamthwee makes a very good point. You may aswell just show the comments at the bottom anyway. It would make more sense for you to have the grey buttons there also.

Yeah, I wanted to actually comment on how nice your photoshop tutorial was :) but didn't because I missed the fact that I actually could.

Yeah, I wanted to actually comment on how nice your photoshop tutorial was :) but didn't because I missed the fact that I actually could.

Oh, cheers iamthwee that makes it all worth while. No honestly it actually really does. See how how I am missing out cscgal. ;)

Thanks again iamthwee

Just to let you guys know, I have been planning out different ways of redoing the tutorials page to be more intuitive. Just hasn't gone live yet.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.