Hi,

I hope this is the right forum to post this. Anyways, I have greatly enjoyed and profited from the forum, so thanks to all who make it work.

I have one small quibble that would be lovely to address if it's possible. There are currently code and php tags that allow display of generic code and php code, respectively. It would be really wonderful if there were a python tag that would display Python code with an IDLE-like color scheme.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
Jeff

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

You can do [code=python] [code=c] [code=cplusplus] [code=asp] and everything will be color coded.

It works for any language that is in www.daniweb.com/code/

Talk about prompt service! :lol:

Thanks,
Jeff

Hehe ... it's been a feature here for quite awhile, actually :)

I have been looking for something like this for so long.

Now, I know there isn't really strict coloring for css but is there anyway we could have a code property for it?

I'm not sure what you mean. Just do [code=css]

It works for any language that is in www.daniweb.com/code/
...css but is there anyway we could have a code property for it?

I'm not sure what you mean. Just do (code-css)

But the odd thing is that css isn't listed in the code snippets library... that's probably why he requested it.

Ah ... CSS support is available, it's just that no one has submitted any CSS code snippets yet.

Hint hint Rory :)

But the odd thing is that css isn't listed in the code snippets library... that's probably why he requested it.

That is why, because it isn't in the code library.

Hint hint Rory :)

I posted a tutorial on styling text fields the other day. Sorry it wasn't a code snippet. I will try and think of one and post it;)

I have heard that daniweb now has a css code snippet. It is a bit of a long one as well. (i couldn't think of anything that was small that was interesting);)

Way to go Roryt...:D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.