Hi,

I wondered if anyone could tell me why the preview feature has been taken out of the blogging system?

I hadn't noticed it before but I went to preview my blog entry a minute ago and the button wasn't there. I was actually really suprised and confused.

Cheers

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The blogging system isn't a feature of the vBulletin forum system that the forums are based off of. It is my own creation which I developed from scratch. Quite simply, I never took the time to code a preview feature. It was never removed - it just was never coded to begin with. :)

I think he may be referring to the ability to edit a posting? Which did used to be there but became time limited after one chap threw a wobbly and edited away all the content of his blog in a hissy fit.

I think he may be referring to the ability to edit a posting? Which did used to be there but became time limited after one chap threw a wobbly and edited away all the content of his blog in a hissy fit.

No I was refering to the preview bit. I can understand why you would do that for the edit thing though.

Happygeek, you obviously do alot of blogging on daniweb wouldn't you be interested in a preview feature?

I mean it isn't anything major but it is nice just to see what it looks like before you submit. Just an idea, thanks for the quick response

I write my blogs in MS Word, then cut and paste into the blog editor where I do the final formatting, adding links etc. Once I publish the posting I read it through and make any changes there and then - in effect using this as you would a preview function. To be honest I don't miss there not being one, and I don't use a preview function in any other blogging system either.

But everyone is different of course, and I'm sure if there was a big enough demand for such a thing that Dani would consider it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.