A while ago I changed my notification option to : daily notification instead of instant notification, because I got to many emails. But now I'm not receiving any.. Anyone else using daily notification?

Niek

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Yeah I guess there is some sort of problem with the notification system. I have suscribed for weekly notification but I receive instant notification always, which ends up cluttering my mailbox.

Anyone else having the same problems like me and Niek... ?

I'm signed up for Weekly notification and once a week I get an influx of subscriptions coming in all at once. I guess that's the way it's supposed to work.

I will change myself to Instant notification and see if it works.

Instant notification works here for me...

Instant notification works here for me...

I know:

I changed my notification option to : daily notification instead of instant notification

What I meant was: Instant notification jammed up my mailbox so I've changed it to Daily, but this doesn't seem to be working.

regards Niek

I'm signed up for Weekly notification and once a week I get an influx of subscriptions coming in all at once. I guess that's the way it's supposed to work.

The world would really be a better place if everything turned out to be the way it was supposed to turn out....;)

And btw, no changing the email notification option has no effect here, no matter which option I keep, it always behaves like Instant Notification is enabled.

Any fixes till now ?

Guess I am left with the only option of marking Daniweb mails as spam...can't help it -- the clutter in my mail box is killing me.

I'm still working on it because I don't have the same experience at all. When I select weekly notification, I get weekly notifications, etc. When did this start happening?

What happens when you select "no email notification"?

I'm still working on it because I don't have the same experience at all. When I select weekly notification, I get weekly notifications, etc. When did this start happening?

Don't blame you but still had to find a way to stop the flooding....

What happens when you select "no email notification"?

Have selected that option, waiting for results...

With "no email notification" you should receive no emails about thread updates, but you still should receive other emails from us (monthly newsletter, email when you receive a new PM, etc)

Another thing to check is to make sure you're not subscribed to any forums - just individual threads. If you're subscribed to a forum, you'll get a notification each and every time a new thread is posted in that forum.

Also I just want to make sure you're on the same page that whichever notification you select (instant, daily, weekly) you will still get one email for every individual thread you're subscribed to. It's just a matter of whether they trickle in a little at a time or all get mailed to you at once.

When did this start happening?

Well as soon as I selected 'daily' I guess.

I could switch back to 'instant' and it would work fine, but I don't want 20 mails in a day because people are replying to my posts. If 'instant' is the only working option, then I prefer not getting mail and just log in on daniweb to check my controlpanel.

Hey Nick, check to see if you are suscribed to any forums, and if so, you will keep on recieving instant notifications even if you have daily notifications on.

I guess its a big logical bug that instant notifications are sent for forums to which you have suscribed even when you have turned it off in your control panel.

So Nick, you can either unsuscribe from the forums or change the option to "No email notification".

Hope it helped, bye.

Hey Nick, check to see if you are suscribed to any forums, and if so, you will keep on recieving instant notifications even if you have daily notifications on.

I'm not, only to threads (about 200). This is why I want daily notification instead of instant, but now I'm not getting any notifications.
So now I'm trying weekly to see if that works. If not: to bad for me i guess :)

I used to use weekly. However, over the past two days I've tried instant and daily and both have worked fine for me. That said, I'm not subscribed to nearly as many threads as you. I alslo haven't changed anything with the mailer anytime recently to alter how much mail is delivered though.

commented: I see you're approaching the 10k post count :) -joeprogrammer +5

I'm not subscribed to nearly as many threads as you.

I try to read everything ;)

Anyway, I've deleted all my subscriptions except for this thread and set my notification back to 'daily'. So now I hope that someone will reply so I can test if it was a problem with the amount of subscriptions :)

I try to read everything ;)

Anyway, I've deleted all my subscriptions except for this thread and set my notification back to 'daily'. So now I hope that someone will reply so I can test if it was a problem with the amount of subscriptions :)

Here's your reply. Hope it works.

Here's your reply. Hope it works.

Thank's and it didn't..
I've changed the time on this site a while ago, to match my local time, perhaps that has somehing to do with it.

email notification is finally working again for me

but not in outlook still ! even after our talk on msn AND a reinstall of XP it still strips the html from them. Looks like a conflict with something

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.