I have read complaints about the limited types of files that can be attached to threads. This is a test to attached newer and better compression files past the silly .zip file extension limits. Note, remove the final .zip from this file ...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It worked for me. But what's the point when the test file is only 275 bytes anyway? Wouldn't testing 10 or 20 megabytes be a better idea?

Or am I missing something here...

hehehe... the forum moderator letting the forum members (at least the ones that couldn't figure it out) know how to defeat the file attachment restrictions. :)

As you can see, it's not a very sophisticated MIME checking routine. :D

Or am I missing something here...

Yes, I guess so...

The topic under consideration is that since the forum doesn't allow any compression format other than .zip , the users can upload the file of whichever format they want just by suffixing the .zip at the end.

Hence the test with 275 bytes....;)

Yes, I guess so...

The topic under consideration is that since the forum doesn't allow any compression format other than .zip , the users can upload the file of whichever format they want just by suffixing the .zip at the end.

Hence the test with 275 bytes....;)

True, I always guessed that you could do such a thing (another example is uploading files to hosting sites and changing extensions to allow the upload).

hehehe... the forum moderator letting the forum members (at least the ones that couldn't figure it out) know how to defeat the file attachment restrictions.

I don't see what's wrong with doing such a thing, after all it's not like you're breaking the file-size requirements; you're still using up the same amount of space on the server.

I don't see what's wrong with doing such a thing, after all it's not like you're breaking the file-size requirements; you're still using up the same amount of space on the server.

I don't see what's wrong with it either, I've been doing it for years. :mrgreen:

Notice the laughter and smilies in my other post, I wasn't being serious. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.