They say that the picture is worth 1000 words.... Here are 2000 words.

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

When did it start appearing like this for you?

Last week, but I'm not sure since I didn't log on for some time before that.

One more thing... I'm not getting any notifications today.

I saw that yesterday too using IE6. And I saw a couple problems (?) just now on both IE7 and FireFox 2.0.0.1. There is some white space (rectangle) in the upper-left corner where an add probably belongs, and in the lower-right, just beneath "Todays Posts" (no posts listed)

Is it still happening?

Yup. And still no notifications.

Edit: 1000 words more.

Is it still doing it on the homepage though?

Does it do this on all thread pages or just some of them? Exactly which browsers and which OS's? Can you get it to work with a different browser?

It was on the homepage and Quick Reply box only. Come to thihink of it, it seems to be connected to that "is the daniweb helpful?" box.

Now, it's back to normal.

Still no notifications....

Any idea why it is blank on my browser ? (see attached zip file)

Does it do this on all thread pages or just some of them? Exactly which browsers and which OS's? Can you get it to work with a different browser?

Forgot to mention:
XP Pro SP2
IE 6

No other browsers/OSes

P.S. I've hit 1000 posts mark. Yee!

congratulations on meeting the 1,000 posts mark :)

*bows*

Ancient,

The blank spaces are where advertisements are. Either you're using an ad blocker or you don't have Macromedia Flash installed.

Why has this thread been marked solved?

Well, my "shuffle" problem is solved.

*ahem*notifications*ahem*

I can't find anything wrong with the notification system. It is working just fine for me, and I haven't made any changes.

Here's a little story:

Well, I was poking around control panel, checking the notification status (set on instant)....checking my e-mail address (that hadn't changed)..... tried to change my e-mail address to the yahoo account... failed because it is in use (by my alter ego that is still not deleted, but came in handy now).... created another yahoo account and changed to that one.... supposed to get some notification....and didn't get it....so, I changed to my previous hotmail account.....(you guessed it) didn't get the notification there neither.

And, whaddayaknow, my account here ceased to be active! I get that activation message and that says "You can have your activation email resent to you at *my email*"...Oh, the irony!

heres something else that happened to me (spoke to dani about it - reinstall of xp fixed it)

I'm back in business.

The yahoo account received the reverification message. Still the hotmail account isn't getting anything from daniweb.

At the moment, my e-mail address is changed to the newly-created yahoo account.

jbennett, the problem was because your family installed spyware on your computer, based on our IM convo :)

jbennett, the problem was because your family installed spyware on your computer, based on our IM convo :)

That would do it. :cheesy:

Anyway, I *have* experienced the problem jbennet mentioned maybe once or twice ever, which I believe is the result of the stylesheet file failing to load. A simple refresh always fixes it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.