I joined the feeds today using newly installed Vista Home Premium. When I hover the mouse over the DaniWeb feeds link in IE7 it says it was last updated 4 hours ago with 0 new feeds. When I visit c/c++ board I see several new posts during the last 4 to 8 hours.

How do those feeds get updated? They don't seem to be very current.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think the feeds only show the latest threads, not the lastest threads that have been posted in.

I just checked with Firefox's RSS reader, and everything works as expected. If there's a problem, it must be on your end...

>>I just checked with Firefox's RSS reader, and everything works as expected
Being new to RSS Feeds I don't know what that means.

If you click the RSS Feeds it says Yesterday, February 18, 2007, 6:11:26 PM which was 13 hours ago.

I'll put it into programming terms for ya, Ancient :) RSS feeds are always a FIFO list of items with new items being pushed onto the top and old items being popped from the bottom.

However, if you browse the C++ forum, for example, the listing of threads in there (based on the last time a post was made into the thread) would sort threads in random order. Something in position #5 could suddenly jump to position #1 when replied to, for example. Therefore, RSS feeds are always based on new items, not updated items, and are a list of new threads created.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.