The spell-checker was only introduced in Firefox 2.0 and later.

And as long as you can't find it, I suggest typing slower so you have less chance of making the mistakes in the first place.

slower........aagh!! it burns!!.....yes i should...ill try ..i could always bear this in mind while posting ..might help :)..lol....

Lol.. grammar bat.

yes the internet a treasure trove of completely random stuff..:D.....some stuff more random than others.....

but the internet is a wonderful thing..^-^

Some people are dyslexic. Others are dystypic. They hit wring keys, or keys out of odrer.

I have the Firefox spelling checker. It automatically flags errors on most BBS posts, and even on email.

But it doesn't work on Daniweb for some reason.

I don't want all ads removed from DaniWeb, just two kinds:

1. Ads with moving stuff in them. They drive some people's visual systems nuts.

2. Ads from doubleclick.net. Their site often jams up from being oversubscribed, preventing the rest of the page from loading. A 404 error often results.

A suggestion for the games: Give them their own forum.

One more thing: remove the text inside the reply boxes, and
fix them so they don't suddenly add a newline for no reason (like it did here).

yeeeeeeah 404 error unfun..o.0....,,,wait...what games....o.0....?...who said somehting about games

commented: Please type properly -2

Please type properly lemurexplosion

Fine. If you don't care about your typing (or your posts), no one else will either.

So if no one cares, why all the fuss then?.....hmm?

Or is this another postcount game?

To me it seems postcount > 1000 = "I own the place now, Moan about everything and everyone you naughty little children"

Exactly. Post count isnt everyting.

To me it seems postcount > 1000 = "I own the place now, Moan about everything and everyone you naughty little children"

What?

Jealous?

I could basically pwn most people on this page in terms of posts but the fact of the matter is that no-one cares. Wow, i post a lot. Big deal. Most of what I speak is crap anyway.

Post count is not a race. It stands for nothing. Rep is what matters.

Lol.. I'm right there with you!

Eh, I'm never gonna get enough rep. It's so hard to get. So I'm just aiming for the posts. ;)

Im 1/5 of the way to block 3 since you last gave me some. It doesnt take long.

Im 1/5 of the way to block 3 since you last gave me some. It doesnt take long.

It surely doesn't take long when people are giving it out for free. And then it tends to correlate with post count, which "stands for nothing."

Free?

Ive never gotten any for the sake of it. Its always been for a good reason.

o.0..
confused..>.<...so the total cencus is that...post count accounts to nothing...but is still something but rep is more something than post count which is nothing but still something.....o.0...whaaaat..??.

and my typing stinks..( but who doesnt know that besides only one typo.:P.....)

It becomes like advertising. You ignore it, yet it's still annoying.

And as regards to the postcount, if it's pointless, why is it even displayed here? I've seen some forums where post count is a good indicator of how much work someone has done in the forums, but DaniWeb is certainly not one of them.

perhaps it is a way of telling how much a person is active for the time they've been here? or maybe to please those who like post counts?...

Jealous?

Er, no. My post count reflects my nature as a man of few and carefully chosen words.

I was merely pointing out the touch of hypocrisy emerging in this thread . But I'm not complaining and don't want it to stop I enjoy the more opinionated posts the most and this was me fanning the fire a little :icon_twisted:

Personally I found lemurexplosions' writing style very expressive and it told me a lot about him.

It becomes like advertising. You ignore it, yet it's still annoying.

And as regards to the postcount, if it's pointless, why is it even displayed here? I've seen some forums where post count is a good indicator of how much work someone has done in the forums, but DaniWeb is certainly not one of them.

I never said it was pointless. Post count came into existence as an incentive to keep members in a community, a system of reward for them. Also an indicator of quality and an indicator to potential members of a thriving community.

But let's give the reader some credit for his/her own intelligence it's a simple matter to look at someones profile and see if their post count and reputation accounts for technical ability or chattiness.

Lol.. I'm right there with you!

Eh, I'm never gonna get enough rep. It's so hard to get. So I'm just aiming for the posts. ;)

Don't be so quick to give in. Reputation is neither hard or easy to gain, it's there for the taking. It's up to you to get it don't feel bashfull to claim it if you feel you've contributed to a thread and earned it. Don't ask don't get.

I could basically pwn most people on this page in terms of posts...

*Cough* :-)

Post count is not a race. It stands for nothing. Rep is what matters.

No, I don't think so. Even though I have a bit of rep, IMHO, I don't think its the rep that matters. Its what you know you have done for the forum as well as what the members of Daniweb think about you that matters in the very end....

I've seen some forums where post count is a good indicator of how much work someone has done in the forums, but DaniWeb is certainly not one of them.

Good thing I show my face in the tech forums now and then... :-P

No, I don't think so. Even though I have a bit of rep, IMHO, I don't think its the rep that matters. Its what you know you have done for the forum as well as what the members of Daniweb think about you that matters in the very end....

Lol easy for you to say! You've got the most rep of anyone. ;)

Apart from dani. She has like 12000 posts and the "beacon of light" rep.

Actually, SOS has the most. Look at the member's list and click reputation. Dani is third.

wow......thats sort of cool
and thanks for someone complimenting my typing...( i think it was....thou id never suspect that to happen o.0)

wow......thats sort of cool
and thanks for someone complimenting my typing...( i think it was....thou id never suspect that to happen o.0)

Yes it was a compliment.

and you mean: "...though i'd never *expect* that to happen" :D

what is o.O ? like "oh HO!" or something else ?

o.0 = smiley with one eye bigger than the other

o.0 = smiley with one eye bigger than the other

Yeah, so what's it mean?

o.0...it means.....im crazy..:P...lol.
...nothing much really just like those cartoons or comics where one eye is bigger than the other for shock/confusion/astonishment/ fear/ any other emotions you can thing of where peoples eyes may get all weirded out.......

ps lol yes grammer + me = ...bat..:(..

ps ps...the above ps refers to an earlier post on last page

ps ps ps like you siggy WaltP

ps ps ps ps... i jus felt like doin this last ps...:/..

Yeah, so what's it mean?

I use it as an emoticon for raising an eyebrow... :-O

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.