Same. I get crap ones like that too. Sometimes i get random ones entitled hahahah and stuff

Wait a second... you're calling somebody you don't know a moron and a dumbass, after they gave you a rep that didn't insult you or demean you in any way. I know you've called me a retard (or was it "RETARD"?) the first post you saw me make -- in fact, you made a post telling everybody how much you were going to call me a retard before your post that called me a retard, over and over again.

I've got to say, you must have brass balls... or you would if you acted this way in face-to-face conversation. I don't know what makes you think it's reasonable to go around assuming that people are dumber than you, and I don't know what gave you the assumption that calling people names is acceptable behavior.

commented: hes right, u r a RETARD. dont post stuff like dat -1
commented: You are an ass. -1
commented: u need to quit being immature dude. +0

wait, me or JoshSCH?, I never called you a retard?

commented: He was talking to me =) +4

wait, me or JoshSCH?, I never called you a retard?

he was talking about Josh i do believe.

commented: Well, I'm glad you agree. Congrats on 2 stars!! -Josh +4

Good.

Wait a second... you're calling somebody you don't know a moron and a dumbass, after they gave you a rep that didn't insult you or demean you in any way. I know you've called me a retard (or was it "RETARD"?) the first post you saw me make -- in fact, you made a post telling everybody how much you were going to call me a retard before your post that called me a retard, over and over again.

I've got to say, you must have brass balls... or you would if you acted this way in face-to-face conversation. I don't know what makes you think it's reasonable to go around assuming that people are dumber than you, and I don't know what gave you the assumption that calling people names is acceptable behavior.

haha.. Well I am assuming that it was probably you that gave me that bad rep since you are acting so defensive. And I do have to say that yes, you are a dumbass/retard.

I was angry b/c the person gave me bad rep because he/she/you assumed that I didn't know the word 'funnily' existed. When in fact, I was simply stating that I had not heard that word in a while, and that word always makes me laugh. Is it okay for me to make a comment w/out some asshole breathing down my neck? It was very stupid to give me bad rep on such an assumption as the person did. And to say: "Som forums would ban you 4 this " makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

And once again, It is quite obvious that you are angry about the very first post (or couple of posts) that I made about you. lol.. I personally think that my comments were maybe a little bit harsh, but frank nonetheless. Your post that I made fun of was completely stupid, and destroyed a thread that people had been thinking seriously about. http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread74236-23.html

And another thing: You need to quit being such an ASSHOLE. You are always a shithead to people on the physics thread.. 'Oh, that could never happen.' 'Oh thats dumb, you didn't consider wind resistance." blah blah blah.. The purpose of that game is FUN. We aren't considering everything b/c then every problem would be too complicated. You would know this if you weren't too busy being such a (blank) to everyone else! You have probably made more enemies than friends on Daniweb. I know for a fact that you were an ass to Christina, and many other people.. Especially newbies. I could probably make a thread titled 'People who HATE Rashakil Fol', and it would be one of the top threads in a matter of minutes.

My point: Either quit behaving like a childish ass, or LEAVE. We don't want you here if you are going to continue acting the way you are.

[edit] Mods/admins: This may seem vulgar/rude, but if you go back and view the posts that Rashakil Fol has made, you will see that it is just.

commented: good post. rashakil is a fag. -christina +5
commented: dont worry about him. -duki +2
commented: Immature, profanity-laced. Grow up. -1

haha.. Well I am assuming that it was probably you that gave me that bad rep since you are acting so defensive. And I do have to say that yes, you are a dumbass/retard.

And another thing: You need to quit being such an ASSHOLE. You are always a shithead to people on the physics thread.. 'Oh, that could never happen.' 'Oh thats dumb, you didn't consider wind resistance." blah blah blah.. The purpose of that game is FUN. We aren't considering everything b/c then every problem would be too complicated. You would know this if you weren't too busy being such a (blank) to everyone else! You have probably made more enemies than friends on Daniweb. I know for a fact that you were an ass to Christina, and many other people.. Especially newbies. I could probably make a thread titled 'People who HATE Rashakil Fol', and it would be one of the top threads in a matter of minutes.

My point: Either quit behaving like a childish ass, or LEAVE. We don't want you here if you are going to continue acting the way you are.

Agreed but I still wouldnt have said that if i were you. He might ban you or something (im guessing team collegue = admin?)

Rashakil doesn't seem to care about rep one way or the other. I doubt it was him.

And to say: "Som forums would ban you 4 this " makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Doesn't look like the way he types.

Your post that I made fun of was completely stupid, and destroyed a thread that people had been thinking seriously about.

He posed a hypothetical and hyperbolic example. You took the hyperbole way to seriously...

You have probably made more enemies than friends on Daniweb.

That may be, but not everyone makes it a goal to be friends with everyone else.

I know for a fact that you were an ass to Christina, and many other people.. Especially newbies. I could probably make a thread titled 'People who HATE Rashakil Fol', and it would be one of the top threads in a matter of minutes.

We all act like asses sometimes. Get used to it, that's how life works. You'll see plenty of it outside of your sheltered safe areas. And please don't promote a herd mentality for hate posting. We get enough spam as it is.

[edit] Mods/admins: This may seem vulgar/rude, but if you go back and view the posts that Rashakil Fol has made, you will see that it is just.

I disagree, and that's my right. If the staff asks him to leave, it will be of their own volition. That said, in the future please be a little more mature about personal conflicts on the forum. I'm not saying Rashakil isn't out of line either, but you seem to react quite easily. Add him to your ignore list if you have to.

Agreed but I still wouldnt have said that if i were you. He might ban you or something (im guessing team collegue = admin?)

Doubtful on both counts. Rashakil may be something of a troll, but I'd be surprised for him to ban over something so trivial. And the admin team here seems to consists of a very, very small group...

commented: u need to quit actin like ur right. +0

I was just going to say something like what Infarction just posted, but it looks like he can type faster than me... ;-)

Anyway, I think joshSCH is being quite harsh, and it's quite unnecessary to launch attacks on Rashakil Fol. It was certainly not Rashakil who handed out the negative rep.

>im guessing team collegue = admin?
Retired mod, jbennet, retired mod. They have less power than a regular moderator.

commented: rashakil was bein harsh too +0

Team colleague does not equal admin, it equals someone who used to be a mod or has otherwise been a friend to DaniWeb.

Admin equals admin, and that is Dani and myself.

HOWEVER

I will say this only the once: can those involved in the name calling please stop now before I get the big admin infraction stick out.

There is no justification for calling someone a retard, there is a 'keep it pleasant' rule which we do and will enforce.

This is the first and last warning here on the matter.

Ah., thanks joeprogrammer . I always wondered what all these titles meant.

Rashakil doesn't seem to care about rep one way or the other. I doubt it was him.

I never said that it was him

He posed a hypothetical and hyperbolic example. You took the hyperbole way to seriously...

It was not appropriate for what we were discussing..

We all act like asses sometimes. Get used to it, that's how life works. You'll see plenty of it outside of your sheltered safe areas. And please don't promote a herd mentality for hate posting. We get enough spam as it is.

Yea, but this guy comes after me 24/7. And I am sick and tired of it.. I will defend myself however I see necessary.

Anyway, I think joshSCH is being quite harsh, and it's quite unnecessary to launch attacks on Rashakil Fol. It was certainly not Rashakil who handed out the negative rep.

Okay, perhaps I was out of line. But this guy is constantly dissecting everything I say.. and twisting it to make it appear absurd. I am sick and tired of it..

HOWEVER

I will say this only the once: can those involved in the name calling please stop now before I get the big admin infraction stick out.

There is no justification for calling someone a retard, there is a 'keep it pleasant' rule which we do and will enforce.

This is the first and last warning here on the matter.

My apologies.. but I do think that some people should lay off the impolite and adolescent remarks. It's your right to disagree with something, but don't constantly pound away at him/her with rude remarks.. It angers people, and makes people not want to come back to Daniweb.

commented: This is for bad repping someone i know -1

How do you know I didn't deliberately type that way to throw people off?
:-)

commented: ur an idiot. -1
commented: ur dum fool -1

Yea, but this guy comes after me 24/7. And I am sick and tired of it.. I will defend myself however I see necessary.

Feel free to flag those posts and the mods will deal with them appropriately. Until you have a flag next to your name that says "Moderator", I'll immediately question your judgment when it comes to defending yourself as necessary. Not to mention that outbursts like your previous one are more likely to get you punished than anyone else.

Okay, perhaps I was out of line. But this guy is constantly dissecting everything I say.. and twisting it to make it appear absurd. I am sick and tired of it..

That's not a good reason to act childish. If he breaks the rules, he's subject to moderation. Otherwise, any "defense" on your part is likely to be crossing the line.

My apologies.. but I do think that some people should lay off the impolite and adolescent remarks. It's your right to disagree with something, but don't constantly pound away at him/her with rude remarks.. It angers people, and makes people not want to come back to Daniweb.

That's a rather hypocritical view, judging from your extremely personal attack on another member a few posts above. In my estimation, you should practice what you preach or refrain from whining about it.

commented: narue, u think ur somethin cuz ur a mod but no 1 cares. sry! -1
commented: wow, stupid post. +0
commented: Excellent, Narue, just excellent. --joeprogrammer +11

Just wanted to throw my moderator hat into the ring and ask for our members to take deep breath before they make their next post in this thread.

In through the nose........out through the mouth. There. Now don't we all feel better? :)

(I hope so because happygeek carries a big admin stick and I'd hate to see him swing it for something so silly).

commented: good post! +2

Pfft, admin sticks are all soft and squishy from beating the site into submission. It's the mods in the trenches you should be afraid of. We keep our sticks well honed and practice swinging them to maximize accuracy and damage.

commented: amen to that +5
commented: =/ +0
commented: wow. how dumb -1

To be honest, I think everyone is going a little crazy on Josh right now. I mean both of us have disagreed completely on some stuff and have degraded each other to a degree, so I know how this works. But you can't say that Rashakil hasn't voluntarily pushed out personal attacks on him. That would be absurd! -In almost every thread, he says something judgmental about someone's post, particularly Josh's. And to be truthful, I'm also tired of it. This is not the place to do stuff like that. Rashakil indeed started the name calling and personal attacks in this thread for absolutely no reason. It seems like everytime Josh says something, he bashes every word! I'm not trying to take sides, but in all seriousness.... look at Rashakil's profile and tell me that he doesn't come off as a mean person. =/

Interests:
Making fun of people,
Hurting people's feelings,

commented: yay from me! =) +2
commented: This is for bad repping someone i know -1

But you can't say that Rashakil hasn't voluntarily pushed out personal attacks on him. That would be absurd! -In almost every thread, he says something judgmental about someone's post, particularly Josh's. ... Rashakil indeed started the name calling and personal attacks in this thread for absolutely no reason. It seems like everytime Josh says something, he bashes every word!

Hm... just looking through his posts rather quickly (I might have missed something), I see some witty phrasing and contradictions but no direct personal attacks. And if someone is posting arguments with holed or undefined regions, there's nothing wrong with pointing that out.

I'm not trying to take sides, but in all seriousness.... look at Rashakil's profile and tell me that he doesn't come off as a mean person. =/

He comes off as an entertaining person. On some forums, they're called trolls (though his posts are usually more intellectual than a troll), but I find it quite funny. I'd do the same if I had the wit and knowledge to back it up. The world needs less political correctness.

He comes off as an entertaining person. On some forums, they're called trolls (though his posts are usually more intellectual than a troll), but I find it quite funny. I'd do the same if I had the wit and knowledge to back it up. The world needs less political correctness.

He's entertaining because he makes fun of people? I don't usually find that very humorous. But, maybe that's just me. =p

I guess the one who wanted us all to fight like cats and dogs must be very happy with this.

Take an eg. of three people A, B, C. B dereps A and C. Both are agitated. A thinks its C's doing and C think's its A's doing. Start of rep war. Someone's evil plan succeeds.

Someone has been derepping me four times in a row and leaving out profane comments -- out of personal spite or because of a misunderstanding, I don't know.

I request whoever is doing this to please stop and settle the matter over PM is he/she has some problem with anyone. Whoever you are, you are destroying the community.

PS: I would probably get another deprep with another profane comment --- I am sure of it...

commented: A blast of sanity. +4

I haven't gotten any bad reps out of this thread. Maybe it's because I'm not taking sides. Everyone should probably just stay neutral and stop bashing people's posts. Doesn't that sound like a good plan?

commented: To make up for the -ve neg given by some bad repper - ~s.o.s~ +17

Interests:
Making fun of people,
Hurting people's feelings,

Now let's have some decent reporting standards here; you're taking only the interests you find that can demean me. If you quoted all of my interests, you would have included the third:

Sneaking up on people and scaring them, causing them to slip on the ice.

Did you seriously think you'd get away with misrepresenting my personality? To imply that I'm only a fan of verbal assault, not physical assault, too, is downright disrespectful and falsificative!!!

And when I type those exclamation marks, I mean them!

Even I don't take sides -- so I guess it must be out of personal spite.

commented: thank you for the +rep. and here's some for you also. -christina +6

Now let's have some decent reporting standards here; you're taking only the interests you find that can demean me. If you quoted all of my interests, you would have included the third:

Well isn't that what you've done? Demean other people and make them feel bad?

Did you seriously think you'd get away with misrepresenting my personality? To imply that I'm only a fan of verbal assault, not physical assault, too, is downright disrespectful and falsificative!!!

And when I type those exclamation marks, I mean them!

I don't know what you're getting at. Why are you so angry? Calm down.

It seems like everytime Josh says something, he bashes every word!

You first got this idea from the physics thread. I do not see what's wrong with correcting factual inaccuracies or disagreeing with the notion of proudly writing down wrong answers.

Edit: you weren't taking me seriously that post, were you? And I hope you weren't taking my profile literally.

commented: u r contradicting +0

You first got this idea from the physics thread. I do not see what's wrong with correcting factual inaccuracies or disagreeing with the notion of proudly writing down wrong answers.

I wasn't talking about the Physics Game in particular.

Edit: you weren't taking me seriously that post, were you? And I hope you weren't taking my profile literally.

Which post?

Well :zzz: . I've been subscribed to this thread since I posted at the very beggining; I wouldn't think that a discussion on smilies would turn into war.. :| Chill out people :@ . You're upsetting me :'(. Or maybe amusing me :D. I dunno. :yawn:

With regard to rep :-/, if for example, someone posts something malicious in a PM :angry:, surely they're still subject to regulations :?: ? Is the information relating to the rep giver not kept atall :X ... It's a frightening :scared: system if people are allowed true anonimity :ooh:

My point, aside from the obvious attempt to remain on topic by utilising as many of the new smilies as possible in a single post :idea: - act in a happy way :) we all love daniweb :* or i guess we'd be doing something else right now. don't make each other sad :(, even if you enjoy doing so :twisted:; because that's an embarrassment to your own intelligence :sad:.

Er. this one still scares me senseless by the way: :pretty: Whatever way I try to look at it; those are eyes, not cheeks.

commented: Bang!! ;-) ~s.o.s~ +17

Lol... very good post MattEvans.

Ah! Blinded by the smilies!

Thank you Matt for bringing this thread back on track, let's try and keep it there everyone...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.