How you do you stop from getting emails from DaniWeb?
My inbox gets over 100 emails in just one day... and I don't know if there's a setting that can fix it or not.

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Yeah I get that too! I had to set up a different account. I don't use my old one anymore. Doh!

Hmm... do you think there is a setting that can change that?

No, I couldn't find it.

You silly people! Just go into your user control panel and then, in the Edit Options area, under Messaging & Notification, select whether you want to receive daily emails, weekly emails, or no emails at all, for threads you're subscribed to.

By default you're subscribed to all threads you post in. But you can turn that off, so that you'll only be subscribed to threads you specifically click the "subscribe" link for.

Then you can keep email subscriptions on, but it will only be for threads you specifically opted into receiving email updates on.

Without knowing the type of emails you are getting, it is difficult to pinpoint the cause. But usually you get so much emails because of the notifications that you get when someone replies to a thread that you replied.

You can disable it by setting the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" in this link to "Do not subscribe" or "No email notification"

Ah will try that.

Wonderful. :) Thank you Dani. Lol.

yeah i know u get about 80 a day

Hmm.. I changed my options concerning the email notifications, and I'm still getting them. :?:

you need to go into subscriptions and delete any existing ones

Well there are two options:

Remain subscribed to threads but choose not to receive email notifications about your subscribed threads.

Delete your thread subscriptions for all threads except those you really want to receive email updates about.

Well there are two options:

Remain subscribed to threads but choose not to receive email notifications about your subscribed threads.

Delete your thread subscriptions for all threads except those you really want to receive email updates about.

I chose number 1 yesterday... and am still getting emails... but I guess I'll have to try number 2 now.

What, exactly, are the emails you're getting? Because it might be that you're not subscribed to individual threads (getting emails when others post in them) but subscribed to entire forums, receiving notifications when new threads are posted?

I think I'm just receiving notifications when new threads are posted.

what it is is when you say you dont want notifications, it only applies that to subsequent threads. Threads that you had previously subscribed to remain subscribed. You need to delete them

Okay... then I guess I'll just delete them.

Err ... if she selected to not receive email updates on threads she's subscribed to, she shouldn't need to delete any of her thread subscriptions.

Err ... if she selected to not receive email updates on threads she's subscribed to, she shouldn't need to delete any of her thread subscriptions.

Yeah, that's what I don't get... because that's what I did.

Gah! I was wrong! It looks as if each thread you're subscribed to can be on a different notification plan ... instant email notification for one and no email notification for another. So jbennett is correct in that changing the setting only applies to future threads.

You'll have to delete all thread subscriptions here: http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&daysprune=-1&folderid=all

Select all of them and then in the dropdown box at the bottom of the listing select either delete or change to no email notification.

to select them all quickly click the checkbox on the top right

Ok... thank you guys :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.