yea.. It seems like you have to wait 7-10 seconds for each page to load before you can scroll down the page.. but I'll take dani's word that it will get better..

[edit] And actually, firefox has crashed twice while I've been on daniweb.. I don't know what thats all about..

I like the new layout, for the most part.

This is K-RAD!!!

I like it Dani!!

Is this VBB 3.6.5??? (Looks like it)

Its awesome as anything!! (Now to get the bases setup like we had them before :))

Thank you Dani!!

yea.. It seems like you have to wait 7-10 seconds for each page to load before you can scroll down the page.. but I'll take dani's word that it will get better..

[edit] And actually, firefox has crashed twice while I've been on daniweb.. I don't know what thats all about..

I will keep an eye out for anyone else complaining of a crash.

And Chaky, if I didn't have an adblocker, I'd be hating you right now... or handing out -rep :icon_rolleyes: j/k

He, he.. I am you-either-love-me-or-you-hate-me sort of person.

Here's a screenshot of it freezing for me. While this has still only happened 3 times, I do get about 15 second load times at full CPU usage on about 1/2 of my page loads. It's probably just a small bug somewhere, but I can live with it for a few days :P

Same thread, loaded fully in 15.5 s (modem, firefox).

oh wow, at least firefox's spell checker actually works without you having to right click in the text area and check 'spell check this field'.

It has always worked for me that way, to be honest.

I disabled scripting and the site is actually usable now. ;)

Well that's not good :( Are you all getting these JavaScript hangs??

I don't get an error, but I get a small delay before I can start scrolling. Windows XP Service Pack 2, Tablet PC edition, FireFox 1.5.0.11.

Are things improved (do a hard refresh)?

There's still a delay in loading that isn't present with scripting disabled. Maybe 1 to 3 seconds worth. Just enough to be a noticeable delay.

Are things improved (do a hard refresh)?

If you mean, has the script hangs stopped? No, one occurred just now.

The unresponsive javascript popup you mean?

Ok I have someething for you to try ... just so that I can eliminate the problem being vBulletin caused, do you still get the error message while logged out as a guest (where the wysiwyg scripts don't have to load)?

There's still a delay in loading that isn't present with scripting disabled. Maybe 1 to 3 seconds worth. Just enough to be a noticeable delay.

So what is the total time now from clicking on a link to being able to interact with the page? Thanks! Also, do you have ads disabled in your CP? Thanks Thanks!

No. I don't get it when I am logged in as guest. I get the error on the same web page when I am logged in as Wolfpack.

Yay! We have confirmation the problem isn't related to my curved corners,etc then! OK - here's something to try. Can you please go into your CP and then to the Edit Options page, and under Misc Options change from the WYSIWYG Interface to the Standard Editor, and let me know if you still have the problems. What about the Basic Editor?

Oh ... feedback that would also be very useful is if you experience the same problems reading blog entries. Thanks!

Seems like a big improvement loading pages -- I don't get the few seconds delay like I used to see. Tried the CP suggestions and did not notice any difference in any of the forums or blogs. Eveything is loading ok now.

All 3 editors give the error. I also tried on one or two blogs, and no errors so far. But those pages were not that long, with only 5 or 7 comments in each.

Do you by any chance have access to other browsers / platforms? This always happens for you?

Well, I can reproduce the error on CentOS 4.4 Server and Firefox 2.0.0.3.

Do you have a windows machine to test on by any chance?

Yeah, before my CentOS post, all the others were on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

OK so this is what I have so far

- It only happens on long threads when you're logged in.

It can't be a JavaScript error related to the quick reply box or inline moderation because it doesn't happen on short threads.

It can't be a problem due to pages being very long because it doesn't happen when you view the same page as a guest.

So, in conclusion, you get JavaScript errors on long threads when you're logged in, but we eliminated being logged in as a cause and we eliminated the length of threads as a cause.

Am I understanding this correctly? *deep sigh*

Yeah all the above. And to add something more, it seems to be browser specific too. I am on Windows XP Professional and Opera 9.20 doesnt give the error. I will check on Internet Explorer ( I had forgotten all about that browser ) and give you the results.

Definitely Firefox Specific. Loaded the same page under Firefox, Opera and IE. Only Firefox gives the error. Seems to be something related to rendering the web page. Firefox seems to be rendering it from top to bottom (so the page is irresponsive while loading) , while Opera and IE can render it part by part depending on the value of the scroll button (Just a guess, and may be completely off the mark).

Yeah. Where did I say otherwise?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.