Yes, here is the wierd colour pics

Hehe, check out the Water Cooler it's gone red :)

So, is it a feature or a bug ;)

Feature.

It's to help differentiate between sectons of DaniWeb. Google News, Slashdot, MSN and others employ a similar design trick.

Kind of, kills the daniweb traditional look. I got used to purple.

BTW, what's the criteria for the hot threads? I've seen threads that are marked as "hot" and with 4 replies(?)

Same. I was just speaking to dani and she says she misses it ;) . I agree with her though that in the long run, it is much better for navigation.

BTW, what's the criteria for the hot threads? I've seen threads that are marked as "hot" and with 4 replies(?)

The criteria for 'hotness' depends not only on the number of replies, but also on the number of views. I bet you must have seen a resurrected / old thread.

Also I do mis option to mark all posts as read in the section...

Good -- two votes to put it back! The dropdown just doesn't make it because of
1) too many clicks needed
2) doesn't set you back to the index

Kind of, kills the daniweb traditional look. I got used to purple.

I like it. :)

Do you guys realize that from any forum listing (ie the forum index or the category pages) you can double click on the 'new posts' yellow folder to mark that forum read? :)

Good -- two votes to put it back! The dropdown just doesn't make it because of
1) too many clicks needed
2) doesn't set you back to the index

I think peter_budo thought the option disappeared completely.

Do you guys realize that from any forum listing (ie the forum index or the category pages) you can double click on the 'new posts' yellow folder to mark that forum read? :)

Nope, didn't know that. But I still would like a button probably next to Start New Thread button that marks the forum and returns to the index all in one click.

I see it hasn't. It's just been shot in the foot and limps badly now :icon_smile:

The criteria for 'hotness' depends not only on the number of replies, but also on the number of views. I bet you must have seen a resurrected / old thread.

You bet right. Old threads, 3-4 replies, 3-4 thousand views.

P.S. Just noticed different rep dots colors (darker ones). I'm never gonna have those.

commented: one step closer to a dark green dot. +7
commented: ...don't be so sure. ;-) +19

And here I was getting up the nerve to ask for such a feature. Quite obscure though, I'd never of found it myself...

Yeap, I thought that option is completely gone

I think you will have to provide brand new user manual how to use the site after all changes ;)

What about "unsubscribe from this thread" feature? I think there is a bug, 'cos I see "subscribe to this thread" menu item in "thread tools" menu in the threads that I'm already subscribed for.

I disabled the feature to do a check on whether someone is subscribed to a thread or not because it is on a list of like 5 things that vBulletin says can have a drastic effect on performance, and I've noticed the server load average climbing lately.

However, if it's very confusing, I'll reenable this feature.

it has been slow to reply lately - mainly on posst where there are simulataneous posts

it has been slow to reply lately - mainly on posst where there are simulataneous posts

Yes, it is.

Totally agree with that

I disabled the feature to do a check on whether someone is subscribed to a thread or not because it is on a list of like 5 things that vBulletin says can have a drastic effect on performance, and I've noticed the server load average climbing lately.

However, if it's very confusing, I'll reenable this feature.

That might be the cause of multiple notifications per post?

I've noticed that I get notifications on every new post in one thread, unlike before when I would get single notification (until I visited the thread).
Anyway, if it loads the server, then you don't really need to enable the feature. There are other ways to unsubscribe.

> That might be the cause of multiple notifications per post?
Once you get to the page where you want to subscribe, it does the check. It just doesn't do the check anymore on the high traffic forum and thread pages.

the site seems to be slow to post replies lately, i got a wierd "cant find socket" error before?

From now on, please document the time you get these errors, so we can look into if any cron scripts are running at the time, etc.

sometime last week?

will report it if i get it again. i think the exact error was "cannt connect to sock" ?

hi Daniweb

GREAT LOOKING LAYOUT!!!!!
it's my first time here actually. was surfing and found your site. i really love your vbulletin layout.

i think it makes it much more interesting to read and it especially makes it more significant who posted what with the point pointing to the username. good job.

only until now i have found the best layout for my vbulletin site.

Can i get my hands on your layout? i really want to use this on http://www.zerotohundred.com

or if you can tell me what do i need from where to build this?

Thanks!
Tom

Better ask dani about that...

okay, Dani? Please?

Your postbit and forumhome are my fav!!

but if i can have all, it would be a blast!

Thousands of dollars have been put in developing this concept and layout. Don't think this is something you would get your hands on...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.