I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be a "feature" or a bug.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

It's all part of my master plan to turn people off from using colors. No, seriously, I spent like 5 minutes looking at it and couldn't figure out why it was screwing up. I'll take another look at it tomorrow or Friday. (I'm a little behind in work right now after spending so much time debugging javascript all day).

After you click the non-italic A on the advanced reply menu, the color grid appears. To make it disappear, click a color. You can then remove the tag that appears if you don't want a color.

Well that's how it's supposed to work. But there's a Firefox bug right now where, as you can see from the screenshot, the color palette loads at a very weird place (over the submit button) when he clicks. The same thing happens with smilies.

Was that just a one time phenomena? Because that doesn't happen to me when I use firefox..

Doesnt happen to me on XP SP2 with the newset FF?

Yeah, it also doesn't happen for me either.

Here's what happens on the quick reply box. The first screenshot is what I see after I click it; the second is after I scroll down to the bottom of the page (clicking the color palette creates a whole pageful of whitespace).

The font doesn't do that to me, but I just discovered that the smilie box does.

Well that's how it's supposed to work. But there's a Firefox bug right now where, as you can see from the screenshot, the color palette loads at a very weird place (over the submit button) when he clicks. The same thing happens with smilies.

That's where it shows up on mine. And you may think the menu didn't work because you have to scroll down to see it. Then if you start typing, the menu goes away, and you have to click another item on the menu (such as B), and then A to get it back.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.