Formerly known as Joshsch, I was banned today for the following posts:

oh whatever.. I speak my mind, to hell with political correctness.. michael jackson is a freak, and should probably be shot..

omfg.. I just got a 5 point infraction from my previous post! How the hell is that against the rules, I would like to know?

Is this fair?

And to the administration- Don't worry about banning this account too, because this is the last post that I shall make.

Goodbye.

sad to see u banned
daniweb obv has some political correctness......

quite the contrary, PC'ness wants to quench civilised discourse behind a facade of banned words, we just ask you to be friendly.
He was banned for excellent reasons. Frequent violations of the rules, culminating in insults and death threats towards members and moderators (including calling Dani and all moderators Nazis).

I had to repost this since jwenting closed my other thread and posts because he is trying to cover it up so he doesn't look bad. I called nobody a nazi. I made 'death' threats to no one. Jwenting is a liar.

Don't try to cover anything up by lying or closing my threads. I want people to read this, and respond to it.

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Tis a crying shame. People with red hair are so entertaining, just like Ronald McDonald.

commented: heh +4
commented: lol +3

what a drama queen.... you need to step back from your computer anyway, IMHO. You take this chatting stuff way too serious. Don't let the door hit your behind on the way out. Keep your promise and make that your last post, thanks.

commented: no personal attacks. -2
commented: just shut up, will ya? +3

hehehe... I see you're back online, what a surprise.

Don't try to cover anything up by lying or closing my threads. I want people to read this, and respond to it.

Please refrain from the accusations of lying, and we will certainly close any thread that is destined to become a flame war.

I have responded to you in detail by PM...

does 5 points = ban?

oh wow i only just noticed that it said:

Do not post asking for an answer to be sent to you via email or PM. 

Problems and their responses assist others who read them. Please do not email or PM forum staff with your support questions.

Posts must contain actual content and substance and cannot simply be external links.

[B]What will happen:[/B] Emails, fake signatures, and personal information will be snipped out of offending post.
[B]First offense:[/B] Member will be warned via user infraction system. Warning will be documented.
[B]Second offense:[/B] 2 point infraction will remain on user's record for 3 months.

Is that actually enforced?

I had better change my sig then ;)

My email and it said "if you want personalised help speak to me on msn here"

Also with the rule to have no posts consiting just of external links, that would render a lot of recent threads bad, wouldnt it?

No need to change your signature. You make all the mods and administrators seem like Hitler's. We don't ban someone for email id in their signature. The past record of the member is also kept in mind and considering you have been a good kid, chances of you getting banned are null.

I AM GLAD MY THREAD WAS CLOSED...

I DIDNT KNOW SUCH AN INNOCENT THREAD COULD TURN SO HOSTILE!!!!!

Thank you Happygeek!!

Josh, it's sad to see you gone.
I kinda liked debating with ya. =/
I'm not exactly clear on what happened, but I hope the best for you.

thanks S.O.S, ive changed it anyway. If they want me they can always use the link in my profile.

Update:

Having reviewed the situation fully, joshSCH is no longer banned although the account is carrying a 5 point infraction which will stay for six months.

Josh has said that he will probably not post for a while to let things cool down.

well done happygeek, im glad to see this resolved

Maybe politics and religion should not be allowed on the forum, well that is my opinion...

My post didnt have anything to do with either,so.......

Im not overlooking what Micheal did ok guys?? But his music is good (Or was good anyway) and this video was made BEFORE he did those things i believe....

My post didnt have anything to do with either,so.......

Im not overlooking what Micheal did ok guys?? But his music is good (Or was good anyway) and this video was made BEFORE he did those things i believe....

The dude, this has nothing to do with you, post is about josh being banned and then un-banned on certain grounds.
I was just giving my opinion what should be avoid to discuss on the forum, thats all

Let's not turn this into another potential flame war chaps.

It has something to do with The Dude as the comments that got joshSCH infracted were posted in a thread he started, and were about Jackson.

So he is right in saying that it had nothing to do with either religion or politics - it had everything to do with bad taste and a questionable attitude.

As for banning religion or politics, well the Geek's Lounge is the place where these things can be discussed as long as they do not develop into anything that breaks any of the rules. If they do, then the postings and poster will be dealt with accordingly.

Start talking about either anywhere else on DaniWeb and I imagine the full weight of a moderatorial boot will quickly be felt upon a virtual backside. ;)

I'm happy not to be in your shoes to read some of the post which well you know what...
Also I'm happy that the problem was sorted and hope everybody is satisfied

I hope to see some of you in our lovely JAVA section:P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.