No, it makes no sense at all, which leads me to believe it's some other crazy setting on your end.

But how is it that the same thing happens for Joey? Surely we both wouldn't have the same setting? And talking of settings, any idea what is causing this?

I tried it on a brand new XP SP2 install (i did all the ms updates first - everything is MS software - instaleld nothing else) and it was still slow

With rounded corners off, you should still see rounded corners created by images (in the header and sidebar). The rounded corners created in the page bodies are done on-the-fly with JavaScript, and those are the ones causing slowdowns.

With rounded corners off, you should still see rounded corners created by images (in the header and sidebar). The rounded corners created in the page bodies are done on-the-fly with JavaScript, and those are the ones causing slowdowns.

I don't get it. With post width being fixed, all that needs to be applied would be rounded images, something like this solution here:
http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/roundshadow.html

So why is Javascript necessary? Is there some cross-browser compatibility issue I'm not aware of?

That solution is FireFox only. It doesn't work for me in Internet Explorer.

If you go to that page, and you scroll to the bottom where it says THE RESULT, I see a green box in IE but a rounded box with a dropshadow in FF.

There is another reason I don't like rounded corners on links. They look like PILLS. The "ADMINISTRATOR" one (which STILL has rounded corners) looks like a suppository. They remind me of nasty MEDICINE (yetch!).

Narue hat? Is that in the genre of a Nehru jacket? :icon_biggrin:

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.