Just for Dave (and for those of you who live around the world) there is now the option to customize your date and time formats from your member profile.

You can customize the date by selecting from our current format, our previous format (ie Yesterday / Today) or any format of your choosing by using the PHP date function.

For those of you who are overseas, you can customize the time by selecting between a 12-hour and a 24-hour clock.

Sulley's Boo commented: nice feature! +3

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Dani,

I thank you most sincerely.

Dave

--

For those that are missing any background, I've tried to summarize this as "woman giving directions vs man giving directions" and/or "I used to use absolute time (correct or not) as a primary thread navigation tool" and/or "I feel like a cat without whiskers [lurking in forums I lurked in]".

I don't post clearly, so if some can wait, I can attempt to clarify those remarks.

--

But again,
Thank you, Dani!

[edit]Aaahh.

You're very welcome. :)

Yes!!! Thank you!!! :icon_biggrin:

Nice one Dani.

Yay !! Good one.

yay does it work when it is BST as well as standard GMT?

Yes - you can change your time zone, date format, and whether you want to use a 12-hour or 24-hour clock.

yay!

Thanks Dani!

Thanks! This is good. :)

Can you turn off daylight time?

Yes, go into your control panel.

Thanks!! (F)

what does (F) mean ?

flower :S

That wasn't so obvious... ;-)

I thought F meant Friend.

I changed CP to show dates/times as they originally were here. But I've become so acustome to seeing Yesterday or Today that I changed it back! I like not having to think about anything. :-O

Mel, try out this format "M jS Y" which is what we had previously -- you shouldn't have any trouble adjusting to it once you set the proper time zone.

Friend is good too :S

I like the dd-mm-yy format the most .. :-/ hmm ..

Please note that there are two options when setting how a datestamp is created. There is the format, such as dd-mm-yy, etc. And then there is the display.

Normal = always use the datestamp format you selected
Yesterday / Today = use 'Yesterday' or 'Today' but then default to the datestamp format you selected for dates older than 24 hours
'Detailed' = use '1 hr ago' or '1 day ago' but then default to the datestamp format you selected for dates older than 1 month.

That wasn't so obvious... ;-)

You obviously don't use MSN Messenger ;)
I can even see the rose petals in (F).

commented: haha Wolfyyy is da maaaaan +3

> You obviously don't use MSN Messenger
Rightly said, I normally don't use messengers but if necessary, Yahoo is the one I go for. And being a proponent of text based smileys, I don't know a lot about the modern ones.

> I can even see the rose petals in (F).
Ah, the kind of imagination you possess. ;-)

commented: he he +7
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.