Several things are not working right now.

- I highlighted some text in red, with a note underneath indicating that the user was to substitute his own values for the items in red. When the post published, the text had changed to green.

- I used to use the Google window at the top of my browser to look up the spelling of a word. Now when I do this, when I return, the text box for posting has been erased. So I have to start over.

- When I pause in typing the post (e.g. to look something up in a book), when I start typing again, the window inserts a blank line between what I had been typing and where I continue typing, even if I paused in the middle of a sentence.

- The icon I choose no longer appears next to the topic in the list.

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

Wierd stuff ha sbeen happening to me too. IMHO its because dani changed the font colours

what browser are you using (i am using IE7)

- I highlighted some text in red, with a note underneath indicating that the user was to substitute his own values for the items in red. When the post published, the text had changed to green.
I don't experience this. I posted a follow-up in the color thread.

- I used to use the Google window at the top of my browser to look up the spelling of a word. Now when I do this, when I return, the text box for posting has been erased. So I have to start over.
This is your web browser.

- When I pause in typing the post (e.g. to look something up in a book), when I start typing again, the window inserts a blank line between what I had been typing and where I continue typing, even if I paused in the middle of a sentence.
Don't understand what you mean here.

This was an intentional change.

When I go to edit that post I see color=green.

it could be a smaller error on different user levels. I can't edit that post any more but this is what I get when I do reply with quote

public static void main(String[] args)
{
JFrame.setDefaultLookAndFeelDecorated(true);

javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeLater(new Runnable() {
public void run() {
GUIpart gui = new GUIpart();
gui.GUIpart();
}
});
}

It clearly state it is red but displayes in green :D

Fixed. Also, you can use noparse bbcode to surround your text when you want to type out bbcode like [color=red] [/color] and not have it be parsed.

I don't experience this. I posted a follow-up in the color thread.

It is doing it in the following post:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread78795.html

The browser page view shows "color=red" in the code. That's the html in the page source, not the pseudocode. Yet it appears green.

This is your web browser.

This just started happening about two weeks ago. I have done no browser upgrades and have changed no settings for several months. The only thing I did was turn off rounded corners in your control panel, and let MS do Windows security upgrades. I also turned off Daniweb tooltips, but after this started happening.

Don't understand what you mean here.

If I pause in the middle of
typing, it does this.

It doesn't happen at any other BBS site.

This was an intentional change.

Then why let us select an icon? The purpose is to let the topic list reader pick types of topics.

I took a look at the thread you linked to. Most places have color=green but there is one place in the code that has [COLOR=red][COLOR=green]xxxx[/COLOR][/COLOR]. It is coming out as green because you're negating the red. Would you like me to change this for you? Would you like just this instance to be red or all color?

> This just started happening about two weeks ago. I have done no upgrades and have changed no settings.
Google Toolbar sometimes updates itself while we're sleeping. It does for me, anyways. The thing is, that text in a textarea is really hit or miss as to whether it is still there after navigating off of a page. If using tabbed browsing, do your google searches in new tabs.

Does anyone else have the wysiwyg editor insert new lines for them?? Never heard this one before.

> Then why let us select an icon?
It's a default vBulletin feature. It wasn't working: people were just selecting very random icons that were never related to their threads. The icon still shows up next to the actual post on the thread page.

I took a look at the thread you linked to. Most places have color=green but there is one place in the code that has [color=red][color=green]xxxx[/color][/color]. It is coming out as green because you're negating the red. Would you like me to change this for you? Would you like just this instance to be red or all color?

That happened when I tried to change the green back to red. I couldn't see the green pseudotags when I tried to edit it.

I want ALL of them red.

> This just started happening about two weeks ago. I have done no upgrades and have changed no settings.
Google Toolbar sometimes updates itself while we're sleeping. It does for me, anyways. The thing is, that text in a textarea is really hit or miss as to whether it is still there after navigating off of a page. If using tabbed browsing, do your google searches in new tabs.

I was editing when you replied. I changed one setting which seemed to coincide with this, and it was turning off rounded corners in your control panel.

> Then why let us select an icon?
It's a default vBulletin feature. It wasn't working: people were just selecting very random icons that were never related to their threads. The icon still shows up next to the actual post on the thread page.

That's because you have to wait for the tooltip before you see what the icon means. But I was using it.

> That's because you have to wait for the tooltip before you see what the icon means.
Now you do. All along, I had what it meant nicely spelled out right next to the icon, and people just randomly clicked on icons that had nothing to do with the threads. So I figured it made more sense to give an extra bit of width to thread titles so fewer of them wrap around to the next line.

Changing color to red. In the future you should be able to use the non-wysiwyg editor to see nested bbcode.

And now I can't switch editors any more to get rid of the extremely annoying gray "use the code tags" garbage cluttering the edit window. It suddenly appears in both editors.

And now I can't switch editors any more to get rid of the extremely annoying gray "use the code tags" garbage cluttering the edit window. It suddenly appears in both editors.

It's always been like that?

It didn't appear in the WYSIWYG editor until recently.

its always been there

It's not that simple. The computer is also used for purposes which tangle with ad blockers.

Maybe an ad blocker was working, and was removed when I re-installed a program which requires them to be absent.

just tell it to only adblock daniweb then

That doesn't work.

There can't be ANY programs that stay resident when this software runs, or it zxnrbles the data. I even have to temporarily shut off the antivirus and spyware filters and unplug the DSL when I use it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.