hmm.. I have noticed that you can only unsubscribe from a thread via the control panel. If you click "Thread Tools" in an already subscribed thread, it still gives you the option "Subscribe to this thread".:?:

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

u can un-subscribe to a thread via the email alerts ~ the hyperlinks. surly u know that by now ~ 2400 posts = 2400 email alerts!

commented: Let the admins respond to feedback. -1
commented: He's a ghost! +6

I don't do any e-mail alerts. I can easily unsubscribe via the control panel, but I was just informing the admins with a problem w/ the website features.

oh my bad!

Hey Dani and/or HappyGeek.. I know yall are busy, but can you recreate this problem.. or is it just me?

Whenever you have free time :)

It's not just you, Josh. The same problem exists here, and I suspect it's identical for everyone else as well.

The ability to unsubscribe from within the thread page was removed because it requires a large table scan on each thread load to check whether you are subscribed to the thread or not ... and the percentage of users actually unsubscribing via thread pages is minimal compared to the overhead of checking on every single page load.

ah icic.. Thanks for the info.

The ability to unsubscribe from within the thread page was removed because it requires a large table scan on each thread load to check whether you are subscribed to the thread or not ... and the percentage of users actually unsubscribing via thread pages is minimal compared to the overhead of checking on every single page load.

Good move to help speed things up! :) I was wondering the same thing and now know the reason why.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.