I don't know if it was intention or not but Wink ;) and Tongue :P have same face

Recommended Answers

All 31 Replies

It is officially known as the 'I have just eaten a lemon' smiley and is multi-purpose :)

Hehe, what an apt name given to that rogue of a smiley. ;-)

Hmm.. I didn't even realize that. Lol

A post just to show my new extremely apropros signature, and to provide c>you et al an opportunity to give me bad rep. How very off-topic of me.

commented: Nice signature. +20
commented: Thanks for the opportunity ;-) -1
commented: Thanks for the opportunity! :-D -3
commented: :D like your signature +3

c>you et al an opportunity to give me bad rep. How very off-topic of me.

Excuse me?

tgreer, that was very random of you, and I'm sure that you will get a yel'n from Sanjay :)

and I am just as confused as Christina about "c>you et al "

I guess what he meant was:

> and to provide c>you et al an opportunity to
and to provide you, with other things, an opportunity to

Oh, well I thought he was talking about me because my name is christina>you and I figured he was just shortening it by saying c>you.

"and to provide christina>you and the others an opportunity to bad rep me. How very off topic of me."

That's how I read it. Thomas is trying to make a point about _your_ off topicness.

[edit] Sorry, that didn't come out right... you aren't off topic right now, he's just making a point about being off-topic in general. Or something. Nevermind.

"and to provide christina>you and the others an opportunity to bad rep me. How very off topic of me."

That's how I read it. Thomas is trying to make a point about _your_ off topicness.

I don't understand why he thinks I'm going to bad rep him.

My off topicness?

[edit] Sorry, that didn't come out right... you aren't off topic right now, he's just making a point about being off-topic in general. Or something. Nevermind.

I don't think that was what he was referring to..

Oh okay...

I don't think that was what he was referring to..

What do you think he was trying to say? I didn't understand.

idk.. I can see why Joe thought he was making fun of you.. but I originally thought that he was saying that b/c you bad rep him a lot or somethn lol.. Maybe Joe was right, though.. I don't know why, me and James are off topic a lot more than you are.

Lol that's weird because I never bad rep him.

I guess he was making fun of you then.. lol you should bad rep him ;)

Haha.. well I'll refrain from giving him what he wants.

I don't understand why he thinks I'm going to bad rep him.

Because that's what you do? Why don't you rep him with "you're dumb"? That's what you do, right? And he's dumb. So tell him that! It'll make you feel good when it's done. You'll make your mark on the world, telling people that they're unintelligent. I'm sure then that they'll strive harder to achieve your level of perceptitude.

commented: Bingo. Nice to see some residual brain cells remain on Daniweb. -1
commented: This post was purposeless. -3
commented: Equalizer. +8
commented: Sarcasm will not get you very far in life. -1
commented: sarcasm can be useful +4
commented: ahhh!! again you get bad repped for saying the truth.. :) +3
commented: Your an asshole. -2

Because that's what you do? Why don't you rep him with "you're dumb"? That's what you do, right? And he's dumb. So tell him that! It'll make you feel good when it's done. You'll make your mark on the world, telling people that they're unintelligent. I'm sure then that they'll strive harder to achieve your level of perceptitude.

Yeah, okay.
You're right Rashakil, that's what I do.
That's what my life's purpose is.
It makes me feel good to tell people they're stupid.
Thanks for clarifying.

Now, are you happy?

What is truly the purpose of this post? It seems demeaning, and almost as if you view yourself better than others.. Your smart rashakil, a bit of an ass.. But truthfully you aren't quite as intelligent as you think.. I've never seen any post of yours to be brilliant.. I'd say that you're about avg. intelligence.. with a bit more wit then some.. but nothing more.

commented: rofl +15

What is truly the purpose of this post? It seems demeaning, and almost as if you view yourself better than others.. Your smart rashakil, a bit of an ass.. But truthfully you aren't quite as intelligent as you think.. I've never seen any post of yours to be brilliant.. I'd say that you're about avg. intelligence.. with a bit more wit then some.. but nothing more.

Clearly, it's demeaning. You think people should send out their little reps saying "you're dumb" without getting demeaned? Since christina>you was ignorant of the behavior people have come to expect of her, you don't think she should be informed of that fact? She usually is the nicest person on the forum, but I don't think passive aggressive behavior needs to be tolerated. If she knows her behavior to be truly good and just, then she should regard my opinion of her reputation (if you'll excuse the pun) as the ravings of an idiot lunatic.

I don't see what you mean by "better than others." That doesn't make sense. You can't compare people and declare one to be "better" than another. Well, I suppose you could do such a thing, if you felt like being silly. Regardless, I don't think I've come across as acting as if intelligence is a primary virtue: if anything, it's curiosity, expressiveness, and recognition of the fundamental absurdity of things that I've treated as good characteristics in people.

The interesting question is the following: Why do you jump to the assumption that intelligence is a way I tell that people are "better" than others? Why do you treat genetic anomalies as meritable traits at all? I'll leave the analysis of joshSCH's opinions regarding his position in society as an exercise for the reader.

And if you think my posts aren't brilliant, I must inform you that, well, I'm sorry if I don't solve the Riemann Hypothesis every once in a while. I try.

haha.. I find it funny that you post very seriously when I post something regarding your intelligence..

I don't see what you mean by "better than others." That doesn't make sense. You can't compare people and declare one to be "better" than another. Well, I suppose you could do such a thing, if you felt like being silly. Regardless, I don't think I've come across as acting as if intelligence is a primary virtue: if anything, it's curiosity, expressiveness, and recognition of the fundamental absurdity of things that I've treated as good characteristics in people.

I never said anything about intelligence being regarded as a primary virtue.. nor did I say it was a way to compare others. By "better", I most clearly mean the fact that someone views himself as superior than another human. The idea that some people's lives are valued higher than other's.. And valued based on what? Obviously, by your post, by intelligence

The interesting question is the following: Why do you jump to the assumption that intelligence is a way I tell that people are "better" than others? Why do you treat genetic anomalies as meritable traits at all? I'll leave the analysis of joshSCH's opinions regarding his position in society as an exercise for the reader.

I said nothing of relating the two.. you inferred so though. At first, I commented on how your post seemed arrogant and egotistical. The fact that you always seem to post satirically.. Further, I began to evaluate your intelligence based on what I thought.. which shouldn't mean anything to you.. However, you seem to have taken great offense to my post.

And if you think my posts aren't brilliant, I must inform you that, well, I'm sorry if I don't solve the Riemann Hypothesis every once in a while. I try.

I think you post with wit and humor.. but nothing extraordinary.

Sorry people, but I started this as feadback post to ask Dani and her team if these 2 smilies been intention or just mistake. And what I see after few posts? Some of the members starting flaming war between them ! ! !
Can Dani or her team member answer my question so we can close this?

>>Can Dani or her team member answer my question so we can close this?

HappyGeek already did in his post immediately following yours.

>>And what I see after few posts? Some of the members starting flaming war between them ! ! !
I agree, and they are walking on thin ice (meaning infraction) if they continue that.

Let's stop the looming flame war folks, there is no need and I have my big infraction stick at the ready to hit anyone who gets in the way with.

>HappyGeek already did in his post immediately following yours
yes I know he siad it is multi-purpose, but is there any need to have it twice in the smilie menu?

>>And what I see after few posts? Some of the members starting flaming war between them ! ! !
I agree, and they are walking on thin ice (meaning infraction) if they continue that.

Let's stop the looming flame war folks, there is no need and I have my big infraction stick at the ready to hit anyone who gets in the way with.

I apologize if I somehow started this flame war... but I wouldn't have said anything if tgreer and Rashakil didn't post their extremely rude comments [about me].

Sorry.

S'OK, nobody is saying you started anything. All I am saying is that everyone needs to stop it, and stop it now.

As for the smilies situation, the reason it is in the list twice is that someone might want to use it for either poking their tongue out or winking, which are different things. The same graphical representation fulfills both though, if you see what I mean.

As for the smilies situation, the reason it is in the list twice is that someone might want to use it for either poking their tongue out or winking, which are different things. The same graphical representation fulfills both though, if you see what I mean.

So the meaning of a post gets lost in the ambiguity between wink or tongue. Not a good decision IMAO. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.