I've just noticed the user 'rgtaylor' (http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/member153332.html,) appears to have been banned from daniweb, was there a reason for this other than the reply in this topic?

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/post368478.html#post368478

if there's more to it than that, fair enough and i'm not asking for details; but if this post is the only reason, that's a bit harsh is it not?

i ask only because, in my previous interactions with rgtaylor personally, he seems like a knowledgable and helpful person, and the reply in that thread isn't so severe, although it's clearly in an angry tone.

as in title, please delete this thread, or otherwise let me know if discussion of banned members/reasons for banning isn't allowed, (i can't see anything on the daniweb page 'o policies that says it isn't, but i'm well aware that this could be seen as asking something that's not really any of my business)

as i hope i've stressed, this is a question not a complaint; was that post the only reason rgtayor was banned? if not, ok, you(s) know what you're doing; if so, is that really a bannable offence? daniweb rules say a 5 point infraction is given for a first-offence personal insult.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

I don't see anything.

I'm wondering if it was an automatic response to a bad word which is embedded in another word in that post. In that case, it's a case of (expletive deleted)-for-tat censorship.

Another possibility is that the post that caused the banning has been deleted.

Another possibility is that the account was hijacked.

Another possibility is that the post that caused the banning has been deleted.

hm, i suppose so, I did a search through all of the guy's other posts, and that's the only reason i was suprised.

I'm wondering if it was an automatic response to a bad word which is embedded in another word in that post. In that case, it's a case of (expletive deleted)-for-tat censorship.

ha! it took me a while to see what you were talking about there.. does daniweb even have a 'bad word' filter.. it's not really the kind of thing you can test without getting into trouble >_>

i'm going to reiterate again; i don't want to spark debate and speculation, or argue with any moderatorial decisions, particularly if there's more to this than first appears, which i know there may well be.

ok, after looking more carefully at some other threads, i can see why.

with that in mind, i withdraw my question.

.. does daniweb even have a 'bad word' filter..

Yes there is such a filter. Not all naughty words are caught though. See the Rules for more informatio.

I've just noticed the user 'rgtaylor' (http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/member153332.html,) appears to have been banned from daniweb, was there a reason for this other than the reply in this topic?

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/post368478.html#post368478

if there's more to it than that, fair enough and i'm not asking for details; but if this post is the only reason, that's a bit harsh is it not?

i ask only because, in my previous interactions with rgtaylor personally, he seems like a knowledgable and helpful person, and the reply in that thread isn't so severe, although it's clearly in an angry tone.

as in title, please delete this thread, or otherwise let me know if discussion of banned members/reasons for banning isn't allowed, (i can't see anything on the daniweb page 'o policies that says it isn't, but i'm well aware that this could be seen as asking something that's not really any of my business)

as i hope i've stressed, this is a question not a complaint; was that post the only reason rgtayor was banned? if not, ok, you(s) know what you're doing; if so, is that really a bannable offence? daniweb rules say a 5 point infraction is given for a first-offence personal insult.

First off, let me say that I am not knowledgeable as to why he was banned.

However, several things to point out.

1. He could have had his infracting post deleted.
  2. He could have done something via a PM or email.

.. or in the IRC chat.

No, it was not the IRC. He and Jwenting were not on the best of terms.

Yea, which is exactly how I was banned..

[edit]..and actually, I think I'm still banned in the IRC chat.. :(

> Yea, which is exactly how I was banned..
Hehe, no one messes with Jwenting. :-)

> I think I'm still banned in the IRC chat
Contact Dani if what you say is true, there is acute shortage of people on the IRC. ;-)

I used to go on IRC but not anymore i dont like the people there

I used to go on IRC but not anymore i dont like the people there

Who are there?

Maybe he is not talking about Daniweb IRC.

Must be talking about the Internationally Reputed Criminals. Yeah nobody likes them.

commented: ;) +3

Generally i find the people on IRC to be snobs

Yea, they can be pretty rude sometimes..

Like one of the newsgroups regular once said:

Don't take things you read on an Internet forum too personally. You'll be much happier that way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.