?

lol

?

See, it's posts like those that would be more frequently seen, were a gaming forum to be established.

Oh really, and you say this based on what?

I was simply inquiring about the meaning of his post b/c for some reason he linked me to Sanjay's post and to a smilie.. wasn't sure as to why.

?=what?

>Oh really, and you say this based on what?
Well, given the stereotypical video gamer, it's unlikely that you would expect an essay as a post. In fact, I would guess it to be quite common for posts consisting of no more than the letters "lol" to appear if we made a gamer forum.

>he linked me to Sanjay's post
No, he linked to the '#' symbol. The first section of his post was basically the result of a copy+paste of your previous text. The link was from IntelliTXT, while the smilie was parsed into a link.

A gamer forum just isn't going to help DaniWeb.

Im a heavy gamer and jopined daniweb when i was 15. although i like to go offtopic, im not that bad

You still have not given any good reasons why not to have a gaming board. So what if its full of LOL and ? posts Nobody is going to force anyone to read all that stuff. As for HS objection -- the minimum age for registration at DaniWeb is only 13 (yes I still remember my 13th birthday) and I think there have been a few of them here. And I would even be in favor of abandoning the "leet speak" rule for that board.

yeah at least if we made a gaming thread it would keep the offtopic chat out of the general forums . I mean, the same tactic worked for the posting games forum didnt it.

>Oh really, and you say this based on what?
Well, given the stereotypical video gamer, it's unlikely that you would expect an essay as a post. In fact, I would guess it to be quite common for posts consisting of no more than the letters "lol" to appear if we made a gamer forum.

You're generalizing a group of people here.. no different than stereotyping people based on race..

>he linked me to Sanjay's post
No, he linked to the '#' symbol. The first section of his post was basically the result of a copy+paste of your previous text. The link was from IntelliTXT, while the smilie was parsed into a link.

ahh I see.. Makes sense now. :)

You still have not given any good reasons why not to have a gaming board. So what if its full of LOL and ? posts Nobody is going to force anyone to read all that stuff. As for HS objection -- the minimum age for registration at DaniWeb is only 13 (yes I still remember my 13th birthday) and I think there have been a few of them here. And I would even be in favor of abandoning the "leet speak" rule for that board.

True. The truth is, we really wont know what kind of affect it will have on Daniweb until such a forum is created. Besides, most people already have their favorite "gaming" websites bookmarked, and I doubt many new people would join Daniweb based on its gaming forum (not at first anyway).

And as for the minimum age being 13... you don't really think that stops younger people from joining do you? lol.. I created my e-mail account before I was of 'legal' age, and I have joined many sites that required you to be a certain age, and I was not.

This thread is ridiculous and highlights so much of what is currently wrong with Daniweb. The administrator responded in post number 2, end of story. Barely readable posts written in mangled, unpunctuated pseudo-English arguing for the establishment of a gamer's forum provide their own best counterargument.

Now all we need is christina>you giving me inane negative reputation points and the thread will provide a complete demonstration of the current Daniweb culture.

commented: If you want negative rep, I'm glad to oblige -3
commented: Tisk, tisk. It's pretty pathetic when you drag me into every little post you make. Here's a suggestion: Stop bringing in your negative thoughts into Daniweb. -3

The administration did reply in the second post; however, people decided to discuss this matter further. Is this okay with you? Or should we ask your permission every time we would like to discuss something? People have been attempting to intelligently reason out the pros and the cons of such a new forum, and I see nothing wrong with this (either do the admins, as this thread has not been deleted). You don't have to read this thread if you don't want to, but don't post bashing other people's ideas.

> This thread is ridiculous and highlights so much of what is currently wrong with Daniweb.

there is nothing wrong with daniweb(other than the fact that there is no gaming board)

Or should we ask your permission every time we would like to discuss something?

That is an excellent suggestion. I offer my services as a mentor to the young. Please PM me each time you have an impulse to post on this site and I'll provide coaching and remedial English. As a fee for this professional service, I request 2% of all positive rep points generated in the Geek's Lounge be credited to my account.

People have been attempting to intelligently reason out...

I'm afraid the burden of proof is on you for that one, as the evidence speaks otherwise.

That is an excellent suggestion. I offer my services as a mentor to the young. Please PM me each time you have an impulse to post on this site and I'll provide coaching and remedial English. As a fee for this professional service, I request 2% of all positive rep points generated in the Geek's Lounge be credited to my account.

I'm afraid the burden of proof is on you for that one, as the evidence speaks otherwise.

are you serious?

Absolutely. I've been griping about the deterioration of the quality of Daniweb, so in the spirit of being part of the solution rather than part of the problem, I accept Josh's suggestion for supplying quality control to the forum. For starters, anyone who has posted more than two posts with multiple missing apostrophes should suspend posting directly and instead PM me first.

Absolutely. I've been griping about the deterioration of the quality of Daniweb, so in the spirit of being part of the solution rather than part of the problem, I accept Josh's suggestion for supplying quality control to the forum. For starters, anyone who has posted more than two posts with multiple missing apostrophes should suspend posting directly and instead PM me first.

hahaha... oh okay. I didn't realize that you were the grand master of the english language. You must have a masters and graduate degree in english if you are so talented.. We shall all bow down to you, and pay you tribute in the form of reputation :)

I cannot speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure that most of us can speak, write, and understand English just as well as you can. Some of us just choose to be more relaxed about it, and use abbreviations. I have already fulfilled my college requirement for English, and I'm quite certain that I know just as much as you do about English.

Up until this post and for the following 7 post (this one included) this was a discussion about the merits of a gaming board. Since the above post, it's been one ego telling us all what's wrong with this website as a whole, and all rebuttals have nothing to do with a gaming board. Thank you for pointing out the problems here by creating the problem yourself.

Hypocrisy is alive and well here. :icon_twisted:

Tgreer started it all by posting rudely and trying to condemn this thread and the OP. As I said following his post, we were simply trying to list the pros and cons of such a new idea.. but he has to come in and bash us all..

WaltP - then do something about it. You're a moderator, issue me an infraction. I'd welcome any sign that this site hasn't spun out of control, even if the action is directed against me. Name names, take action, do something about the situation. The moderators should stop sitting on their hands.

commented: I despise the negative aura you bring to these forums -2
commented: You love -rep don't you? -4

Wow. I think he just insulted the moderating team, and dared them to give him an infraction...

Daniweb is fine the way it is.. I mean sure, there may be a few minor problems. But you act as if Daniweb is a complete failure. People get off-topic and post with incorrect grammar in the Geek's lounge as that is the point of the Geek's Lounge. To Relax. I have not seen much off-topic posts in the other 99% IT portion of Daniweb.

commented: right on +17

Exactly. Tech threads never go offtopic

>WaltP - then do something about it. You're a moderator, issue me an
>infraction. I'd welcome any sign that this site hasn't spun out of control,
>even if the action is directed against me. Name names, take action, do
>something about the situation. The moderators should stop sitting on their hands.
You know, there was a time when you seemed like a sensible adult. I guess that part of your personality has deteriorated along with your opinion of Daniweb and its members. It seems like after your parting thoughts (:icon_rolleyes:) all you've done is troll the suggestion forums with your negative thoughts.

>yeah right
I believe jbennet was using sarcasm.

No, he was serious. The tech threads rarely do go off-topic. The link NNS gave went off-topic b/c of his post, and it hadn't been off-topic very long.

that's why i posted the link.

thats a rare occurance. generally the tech threads are high quality

> Wow. I think he just insulted the moderating team, and dared
> them to give him an infraction...
No, you seem to misunderstanding things, there is no insult here, only his strong feelings for the site at display.

He really must have contributed something of importance to not allow Daniweb to (seemingly?)deterioriate in front of his eyes.

Maybe so, but now he seems to create a negative aura around this forum..

WaltP - then do something about it.

Like issue an infraction for everything you dislike? Sorry. You walked away from being moderator. Maybe you should have stayed on the mod team to deal with these young-un's in your way. It doesn't happen to be mine.

You're a moderator, issue me an infraction. I'd welcome any sign that this site hasn't spun out of control, even if the action is directed against me. Name names, take action, do something about the situation. The moderators should stop sitting on their hands.

I refuse to be a tgeer with a different name. I'm also not an SOS nor a Dragon, either. They'll do things their way. I'll point out hypocrisy, which is IMO not an infractible offence. It's just sad.

Sorry, no infractions from me. You may point out our failings all you want. Just keep it clean. And no trolling. :icon_wink:

commented: Too right! +10
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.