Sorry, this is a little bit late. I'm just curious regarding your thoughts on the blog comment order: do you find that the benefits of being able to quickly see the latest comments on a particular blog entry outweigh the disadvantages of having to read everything backwards, now that blog comments are in reverse-chronological order?

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by John A

It took a little getting used to here, but I like it now to be honest.

But then I read all the blogs on a regular basis, so there is no need for me to be scrolling backwards through the comment list if you see what I mean.

Having the most recent comment at the top of the pile is something that a number of blog systems do now.

It just seems terribly illogical for a blogging system like DaniWeb to have it, given that the average blog entry only has 2-3 comments. On a system like YouTube, hundreds of comments are posted on the same video, so it makes a bit more sense. But then what am I doing, comparing YouTube to DaniWeb?

Anyway, not everyone reads the blogs all the time. And for myself personally, I find it terribly confusing. I was just wondering if anyone else found it this way. (Judging by the response so far, I'm wondering if anyone even reads the blogs here...)

But then what am I doing, comparing YouTube to DaniWeb?

hah.. seems like a dis on Daniweb to me.. ;)

(Judging by the response so far, I'm wondering if anyone even reads the blogs here...)

The only blog I have read is Jbennet's about MACs. However, perhaps I should start my own blog =)
Do the blogs all have to be technical? Or can some by more like current events.. geared towards discussions in the Geek's lounge?

And anyway, I agree with Joe that the comments should be in chronological order. Not many people do read the blogs, and those who do don't always reply..

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.