Hi,

As I have only been using the internet (frequently) for a short time, I am a little wierded out by an email I received this morning from daniweb, perhaps its spam? I have never received any as I try to be very careful. It dircted me to a personal message here from janny4love which went on to say how she was "seeking love" bla bla bla click here and email me ( I am a women btw). Has anyone else received this? should I try to inform Dani (the owners) or just delete and forget about it?

Maybe people receive this stuff all the time?, I have no idea.

Thanks
Bell

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Thank you for the heads up. It is not spam that you received a DaniWeb email saying you have a new private message: however, the private message from Janny4Love is spam. Thank you for reporting it :)

seems like someone's in trouble... :D

janny4luv has been warned about spamming.

Please let us know if this happens again so we can take further action and ban the account if need be.

If need be? With a user name like that, you expect an active technically oriented member? :icon_twisted: (rhetorical post :-)

Hey, whatever happened to 'everyone should get a fair chance' thing. ;-)

PS: I am happy I use code tags. Martians give me the creeps...

Yeah, well, we have to give even 'mespamyoulongtime' the benefit of the doubt :)

commented: Sounds japanese. +11

Marvin, not Martin, is my favorite martian. And I use code tags.

They are lucky......

In most sites they would be banned straight away.....

haha.. creating a name like that is just asking for trouble..

Marvin, not Martin, is my favorite martian.

I like Martin, too. I remember his show well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.