why do I get the message in this thread that I must activate my membership before I can contribute ?? Does everyone get that message when viewing closed threads ?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

It's a simple conditional that if you're a registered member and you don't have the ability to use the quick reply box, then it's assumed it's because you haven't activated your account yet. I was too lazy to factor in closed threads but I'll do so as soon as I have a free minute.

> Does everyone get that message when viewing closed threads ?
Yes, I thought it was weird, but WTH. ;-)

Staff members can reply to closed threads by clicking where it says "Closed" on any thread :)

... I'm quite sure they know how to moderate.

i wish i was a moderator...

Too much responsibility. Grass is always greener on the other side. ;-)

Who doesn't love power? ;)

it is my lifes ambition

it is my lifes ambition

Then you better work on your behaviour as you are short tempted (don't say no :D I just happens to know something about it) and maybe focus on topic instead going of topic would be welcome ;)

it is my lifes ambition

haha..

Then you better work on your behaviour as you are short tempted (don't say no :D I just happens to know something about it) and maybe focus on topic instead going of topic would be welcome ;)

Perhaps try acting more like me! ;)

I will not take that path either, your discussion in thread " Java communication with Internet" didn't start nicely either ;)

yeah I know i get angry at certain people. They just rub me up the wrong way, so to speak ;) and yeah, i do have a tendancy to go offtopic :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.