i dont think rashkil would be let near the daniweb admin panel

iamthwee commented: Ha ha +11
Member Avatar for iamthwee

He used to be, but now he prefers to look L337 in front of the myspace crowd. :D

I think there's a slight misconception here. From what I've seen, Rashakil Fol isn't trying to wreck havoc on DaniWeb and everything Dani's created. Instead of simply informing Dani when there's a technical glitch or hole, he demonstrates how it could possibly be used in a bad way. For example, not too long ago he created a thread that was full of profanity. I don't think his goal was to offend everyone, but more point out the many ways one can circumvent the filter. He did the same thing with reputation. With the profanity thread, it was an easy cleanup, but unfortunately the reputation took way more to undo.

That being said, I honestly don't think he would wreck havoc if he were actually given the administrative powers to do so; keep in mind that he was a moderator once, and as far as I know (someone correct me if I am wrong here), did not abuse his powers, and was not "fired" but decided to quit.

I'm not saying that I approve of what Rashakil did. But I think he's made a significant technical contribution to the software development section here (enough so that he would get promoted to moderator), and I think he's worthy enough to deserve a little bit of respect. Even if he does do stupid pranks.

commented: yup +3
Member Avatar for iamthwee

I agree with bits however, it would have been better to tell dani by private mail instead of being silly.

>Instead of simply informing Dani when there's a technical glitch or hole, he demonstrates how it could possibly be used in a bad way

Ok so what if there is a hole for a DoS attack. Should I demonstrate this to dani by bringing down the site for a few days. (I wouldn't, by the way even though it is possible :)).

Silly I know, but that is what it comes down to. He should have had a little more respect for dani. Well that's what I think.

>I agree with bits however, it would have been better to tell dani by
>private mail instead of being silly.
Agreed.

>Ok so what if there is a hole for a DoS attack.
It's important to remember that Rashakil never crossed any legal boundaries with any of his pranks. I would think in the case of a known DoS vulnerability he would do the right thing and tell Dani privately.

> Instead of simply informing Dani when there's a technical glitch or hole, he demonstrates how it could possibly be used in a bad way.

I wouldn't say that. I decided that some people behave too materialistically about reputation points, as if they carried any meaning whatsoever. And I thought it would be fun. And it was.

>For example, not too long ago he created a thread that was full of profanity.

And I reported it twice! I was really just confused, because it seemed like there was no profanity filter at all anymore.

> as far as I know (someone correct me if I am wrong here), did not abuse his powers,

More out of laziness than benevolence :P

commented: Briiiiiiiiiliant +12
commented: :) +3

>It's important to remember that Rashakil never crossed any legal boundaries with any of his pranks. I would think in the case of a known DoS vulnerability he would do the right thing and tell Dani privately.

dani should really put a no-exploit clause into the rules...

That would be a good idea Mr Bennet.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.