>I know what im talking about my friend

Fair enough, you do know what you're talking about. Therefore, I ask you to explain the following things.

When I look in the source code of this post, this is what follows:

&lt;iframe src=&quot;http://fusiongroups.net/test.html&quot; /&gt;<br />
<br />
I noticed this a while back... it seems that any html in the first part of the body of a message gets interpreted in that little preview box that shows the first part of a thread when you mouse over the title in a forum view... is this known about/considered a problem? If my suspicions are correct; mousing over this thread's title on the daniweb community board listing page title will execute some javascript from another server in a child context of a daniweb page = not good.

Firstly, is this HTML or not? Secondly, can you explain how the content posted above (in particular, the first line) would behave differently in various browsers? (You cited IE 7 as one that, as you claim, executed 'disabled' HTML.)

Thirdly, can you please explain the significance of CSS in determining whether or not the popup window shows or not?

(Note: the said popup does not appear for me within IE 7 running on XP Pro, so I'm at a loss for what causes jbennet's issue.)

Joeprogrammer

What is in your code box is one line of "browser-proofed" html, followed by plain text.

It should render as source html code, not as an actual html object.

Yes thats exactly right.......

HTML code is DISABLED on this site (MEMBERS cannot post HTML coding in posts (And have it execute))

> HTML code is DISABLED
Of course, phpBB's use bbcode for formatting and not HTML.

So why did I see the html code I put in a code block fully rendered in the edit window when I clicked the back button after posting that code?

What is in your code box is one line of "browser-proofed" html, followed by plain text.

It should render as source html code, not as an actual html object.

Yes, I am completely aware of that. The real problem was that code coming through the preview window was not "browser-proofed".

Yes thats exactly right.......

HTML code is DISABLED on this site (MEMBERS cannot post HTML coding in posts (And have it execute))

Then how come 6 users (including myself) experienced this problem of un-escaped HTML through the preview window with Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera? Surely you don't mean to say that all these browsers were executing code incorrectly while yours was behaving normally? By the way, you never answered by second and third questions.

But this is a completely pointless argument, everything is going in circles. As far as I'm concerned, it's over -- at least for me.

Because your browser is executing the code manually! (Which it shouldnt do)

I just thought of something stupid.

Is it possible that the browser is somehow seeing text it already interpreted (such as stuff cached) and is interpreting it again?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.