You have to submit it to happygeek, whom will say yes/no to your tutorial. Also you may discuss your topics with him before you start.

Why thanks, i shall pm him.

I highly doubt anyone would do such a thing.. What would be the purpose? Simply to gain reputation in the community? I'm quite certain that such activity could be easily monitored. If some random person that no one has ever heard of before all of a sudden has 700 rep points, then perhaps that member should be investigated for 'fraud' by the admins. It would not be hard to catch people doing that, and I doubt many would anyways.. We are just talking about small points (like 1-5) for new members.

I can very well create dummy accounts, make them ask simple questions, answer those questions and gain a nice and green 5 point reputation without any effort. How's that? And please don't be under the assumption that such a minor thing would be noticed by anyone because it won't.

But on the contrary, you have to ask yourself what is the purpose of an IT community such as this? The reason for its very existence is to help one another... to share our knowledge, and in return be taught something ourselves. So, the new members should be allowed a voice in the community. If any Daniweb member helps another with a problem, be it little or small (what does it matter? That member was stumped and needed help.. it shouldn't matter whether the problem seemed idiotic to the tech gurus) then the member who donated his time and knowledge should be rewarded. The rep system should not be ultimately controlled by the daniweb regulars... it should exist in such a way to reward those who help others, and who contribute to the overall success of the community.

There, that is my humble opinion on the matter..

I would rather like the rep to be influenced by those people who have spent their valuable time and effort helping others and not by newbies who have no guarantee of staying and who just come here for a quick fix.

I would rather like the rep to be influenced by those people who have spent their valuable time and effort helping others and not by newbies who have no guarantee of staying and who just come here for a quick fix.

That is just so true, i am now leaning towards the no rep for newbies, from my original postings on how we should gain rep from them. That SOS, has swayed me against giving newbies the power to have points added to their rep.

Ah, well hell.. I guess reputation would be the reflection of the general community.. fine I'll shut up now.

I can very well create dummy accounts, make them ask simple questions, answer those questions and gain a nice and green 5 point reputation without any effort. How's that? And please don't be under the assumption that such a minor thing would be noticed by anyone because it won't.

Yay! 5 points! whop-de-do! 5 points wont affect anyone by much,, if such activity continues, then it will be noticed. Here are some red flags that someone is cheating: Multiple e-mail accounts with the same user name, noobs asking questions, and being responded to within minutes with the exact answer, someone gaining loads of rep in one day, someone from the same ip address creating multiple accounts.. I mean, come on.. It wouldn't be east to do.

5 points spammed continualy is a lot josh :P

Hi,

I know you guys are all eagerly awaiting someone with authority to interject and let you know what the verdict will be. I have to say, right now there are no plans to make any further changes to the reputation system.

The reasoning is a simple one. When I visit any of the main categories and see the listing of Featured Members, I recognize all of those names as people who are experienced or post a lot about those subjects. And when I visit the Member List and search by Reputation, I recognize all of the members with a lot of rep points as being those members who contribute the most and are helpful, knowledgeable people. Similarly, there are very few, if any, members who contribute a lot of their time and expertise to helping others here on a regular basis, and are left out in the virtual rep desert.

In other words, as it stands, the reputation system currently works. Sure, you might not be accumulating rep as fast as you'd like, but that leaves something to strive for. But, the bottom line is, right now the reputation system is actually serving its intended purpose of identifying those people with awesome reputations in our community, and there is no reason to change it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.