Member Avatar for iamthwee

I.e matching the colour specific forums, purple for the coffee house etc.

I have to say I don't like it, it's quite distracting, especially since some colours are an absolute abomination.

Please can we go back to before. Does anyone else agree. [edit]shuda created a poll, doh![/edit]

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

I like having the colors.

I dunno, maybe if she incorporated some kinda css gradient with it they might work.

At the moment block colours don't work, especially as some forum colours are quite in yer face e.g (IT water cooler).

Noted. There is a thread all about this in Area 51 which goes into detail about what I'm trying to achieve. I want to get more feedback, and then I'll see if I can find a way that incorporates what you don't like about it with all of the desired effects I'm trying to achieve with it.

No access to area 51 :(
Although, I probably have an idea why you did it. Your colour theory ideas and what-not :)

But the background shouldn't detract the attention from the main content. At the moment I feel it does especially since some forum colours are quite bold. I think if this is going to work well a css gradient might be needed perhaps?

> Your colour theory ideas and what-not
Nope, not really :)

The light gray on the forum index looks excellent. The rest of the colors -- oh, it burns, it burns!

Noted.

And iamthwee, I've sent you a PM.

Question: When you say the light gray on the forum index looks excellent, do you mean that you like it better than having just all white with no background color?

commented: Thanx for the change back :) +11

Yes.

Thank you for the feedback :)

I agree with joeprogrammer. Dont the pink sides remind you of the old daniweb? (circa '05)

Purple! Purple! Not pink :)

Another one of my failed experiments.

Question: When you say the light gray on the forum index looks excellent, do you mean that you like it better than having just all white with no background color?

I'm going to ask another question. Shadow or no shadow?

It looks good the way it is now btw have you seen the bug in the white papers?

Eek! It doesn't do that for me. Does it always look like that for you??

Ugly is not necessarily bad.

Eek! It doesn't do that for me. Does it always look like that for you??

No its fine on some threads (and its not individual titles it doesnt like, ive seen the same title displayed both incorrectly and correctly)

It does this on both of my pcs (new xp installs with only winxp + office + updates)

also sometimes the whitepapers box is completelely blank?

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

It looks good the way it is now btw have you seen the bug in the white papers?

It also happened in my browser. Sometimes it shows proper some times not.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.