Hello all,

Recently I've been hanging out on the IRC server and I have a registered nick, just like I do on every other server. Except today (October, 15) I tried to login with my usual password and I got repeatedly denied. I have XChat setup with custom user commands "/login" and "/register" which I use for all servers. So I know almost for a fact that I didn't mistype anything. Yet your IRC server keeps telling me my password is wrong, when its not. When I tried to use SENDPASS I get a permission denied error. Whats going on, and can I please have my nick back.

Thanks!
-maddog39

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I will bring this thread to the attention of the powers that be with regards to the IRC server. I am not the one who manages it myself.

*Sigh* Still isnt working. :/

It might be that the robotic logins are triggering a security flag (they should).

Did you use some character besides letters and numbers. If so, a software upgrade might have invalidated that character for use in a password.

Stupid question: Is your caps lock key on?

It might be that the robotic logins are triggering a security flag (they should).

Uh, why would that be a problem? I'd bet that the majority of users in #daniweb use some sort of automatic login. Besides, many people are incapable of typing /msg nickserv identify [B]password[/B] under 20 seconds (if you don't identify yourself in under 20 seconds, NickServ changes your nick).

Do you even know what IRC is?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.