Hello all,

Recently I've been hanging out on the IRC server and I have a registered nick, just like I do on every other server. Except today (October, 15) I tried to login with my usual password and I got repeatedly denied. I have XChat setup with custom user commands "/login" and "/register" which I use for all servers. So I know almost for a fact that I didn't mistype anything. Yet your IRC server keeps telling me my password is wrong, when its not. When I tried to use SENDPASS I get a permission denied error. Whats going on, and can I please have my nick back.

Thanks!
-maddog39

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by John A

I will bring this thread to the attention of the powers that be with regards to the IRC server. I am not the one who manages it myself.

It might be that the robotic logins are triggering a security flag (they should).

Did you use some character besides letters and numbers. If so, a software upgrade might have invalidated that character for use in a password.

Stupid question: Is your caps lock key on?

It might be that the robotic logins are triggering a security flag (they should).

Uh, why would that be a problem? I'd bet that the majority of users in #daniweb use some sort of automatic login. Besides, many people are incapable of typing /msg nickserv identify [B]password[/B] under 20 seconds (if you don't identify yourself in under 20 seconds, NickServ changes your nick).

Do you even know what IRC is?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.