I'm glad to see that you added the "Toggle Plain Text" to normal code tags (those without a language specified). Thanks for making that change :)

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

The reason it took so long was because I kept having problems with it. One of the main benefits of regular code tags as opposed to highlighted code tags is the ability to color, bold, etc certain parts of your code you want to point out. I was having a problem getting that to work right. I had wanted to still give regular code line numbers but that just wasn't working so I gave up for now.

However, I still recommend using highlighted code and pointing out certain lines with the line numbers.

>>However, I still recommend using highlighted code and pointing out certain lines with the line numbers
Yes I like that feature too. A little aprehensive at first when you first started it but I've grown to really like it because line numbers makes it a lot easier to discuss the program.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Dani nice site in your signature is it need again registration to access more feature or DaniWeb User Account supported ?
Or
I googled about to search my thread (just wondering to know what happens) then google given me a link which shows the address like this:
lb.daniweb.com
I am confused about 'lb' whats it ?

Hi,

Yes, you need to re-register for PFO. It's run as a separate site from DaniWeb.

Don't worry about lb ... that shouldn't be there.

I do not like the line numbers. It makes it impossible to test the code someone posts without extensive editing.

yeah can we have a feature to remove line numbers

It's called 'Toggle Plain Text' you already have it :)

I do not like the line numbers. It makes it impossible to test the code someone posts without extensive editing.

Just click the "Toggle Plain Text" and you have it without line numbers, and it also makes it easy to copy into the clipboard so that you can past it into your program. No need to drag and highlight, just right-click and select "Copy" from the popup menu near the cursor. That is a really great feature for large amount of code that span more than one page.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Hi,

Yes, you need to re-register for PFO. It's run as a separate site from DaniWeb.

Don't worry about lb ... that shouldn't be there.

Thanks Dani...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.