I am trying to find out where an email originated. The only IP addresses I see are yahoo servers which sbc uses and the sbc server I can't find the IP address of origin. Is there something I am missing??? I have tried to lookup every IP address I see on the details of the email but I do not find one that isn't just a generic one for yahoo or sbc. The email I am checking is not spam but I need to find out who sent it!!! Thanks so much!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello,

Each email has a set of headers. If you post the headers, someone might be able to assist you.

You do not need to post the contents of the message, and do realize if you do post the headers, everyone here will see your internet email address.

Christian

I have looked up all IP addresses from header. Still trying to find out where the email originated. I think yahoo doesn't show the origination in the header info. Is there anywhere to look online by the full email address?

Well, I just got an email from that IP that said I won a million dollars. I'd sure like to know who sent it also.

I am trying to find out where an email originated. The only IP addresses I see are yahoo servers which sbc uses and the sbc server I can't find the IP address of origin. Is there something I am missing??? I have tried to lookup every IP address I see on the details of the email but I do not find one that isn't just a generic one for yahoo or sbc. The email I am checking is not spam but I need to find out who sent it!!! Thanks so much!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.