I got one, so I'm wondering if it's like when one of my kids gets a referral in school - not good - or is it a positive thing?

~kAtH

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

You mean from this site?

In my high school, a referral meant that the kid got in trouble. This does not necessarily mean he did anything wrong.

When someone reffers you to this site.

Yes, [to McFly] I was referring to the referral on my profile for this site.

Um, yeh [to R Fol] my kids never do anything wrong when they get referrals at school (wink) - but yeh, I was wondering if it's a negative thing or a positive in this case.

That's weird [to crash] cuz nobody "referred" me - I found this site through Google. Hmmm...

Thanks for responding y'all.

~kath

When you ask someone to join this site, or refer them, you can get them to use a code / enter your username...so that you can take credit for the extra member you have introduced to the community.

If you do this lots, then you get some reward I think.

Ah! I was wondering if I was reading that wrong :)

When you ask someone to join this site, or refer them, you can get them to use a code / enter your username...so that you can take credit for the extra member you have introduced to the community.

If you do this lots, then you get some reward I think.

Hmmm... How exactly does one "refer"? I don't get it! :sad:

If a thread is interesting, send it to a friend ... click the link that says Email To Friend. When they land at the page, if they register, you count as their referrer.

Currently we don't have any prizes set up for big referrers. Maybe in the future.

Thanks for the info - I just wanted to make sure I didn't get caught doing something bad! Not that I do bad things... ciao ~ kath

Yep on the Internet referrals are almost always good things, not bad. Sometimes you even get paid!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.